Any recommendations for the Caribbean for a week starting Sunday July 12?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poconofishy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My dive buddy and I will be in Orlando for a conference in July. We would like to do some diving somewhere in the Caribbean. We would not be free to leave until Sunday July 12 and would like to return back to our respective homes on July 19 or 20th (Los Angeles/LAX and Northeast Pennsylvania/NYC or Philly airports). We'd love to go to Bonaire, but are having problems due to the limited flights there. He is a newly certified diver and I have around 75 dives. I want to do some UW photography as well. I would love some suggestion.

Bonaire would be ideal in that there is very little current and you can make your own dive trip schedule. Most dive sites are easy to find, teaming with wildlife, hard and soft coral and a perfect dive location for beginner divers.
I "believe" there are flights in and out on Saturday and Sunday, Continental I think flies in and out of Sunday while Delta flies in and out on both days. (I could be mistaken but a quick check could find a flight schedule)
Another option is Roatan where the currents are generally little to moderate and the diving is easy. Not nearly as much wildlife but the sites are spectacular and in Roatan, you will likely dive with a DM/guide who can point out things you may miss - like seahorses.
In July the water temps will be around 85F. Enjoy your diving.

Back
Top Bottom