Suunto buyers beware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwhkg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If you buy a Suunto watch you might be in trouble when it comes to replacing the battery and o-ring

the only local service center is Time Depot in Rockwell. They dont seem to have any supply of batteries and o-rings. If you ask when will they receive a supply they cant answer. for my particular model its been 9 months already without a battery and or-ring

an email to Suunto customer service finally got a reply that basicaly said "well thats your problem we dont control our service centers"

I believe Scubaworld is the official distributor of Suunto dive computers and they stock the battery replacement kit for it.
Time Depot is a distributor of all other suunto watches (sailing, golf, tri, etc.) and they will not have the replacement kit for the dive computers line.
If you have a Suunto dive comp try with scubaworld

yes i know scubaworld but my watch is not dive computer, its called Vector.

my point is that the manifactorer was of no help, in fact rather rude, when i asked thir help via internet where to find the battery and oring

what kind of battery is it? something like 2450? most of them are available at your standard camera store, or even hardware store...and you shouldnt need to change the oring everytime unless it is damaged...

what kind of battery is it? something like 2450? most of them are available at your standard camera store, or even hardware store...and you shouldnt need to change the oring everytime unless it is damaged...
not for a non-dive computer at least...

try a watch repair shop... 1st time i needed my mosquito bats replaced i bought one off a watch repair dude and had gordy change it... took all of 5 minutes

Jag

Its very easy to order the battery replacement kit for the Mosquito, I have done it several times, come with a an extra back to the watch in case you 'hash' it while taking it out. Order it online it's cheap and simple, I'm here in PI now can carry 2 spares batt. kits all the time!

Back
Top Bottom