Is anyone a jeweler or gemologist on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
GIA-2.0%20vs%202.jpg

#1: 2 carat, E color, VS2, Ideal cut, Triple Excellent.
#2: 2.04 carat, E color, VS2, Ideal cut, Triple Excellent.
#3: 2.02 carat, E color, VS1, Ideal cut, Triple Excellent.

Any gemologist on the board?

Please let me have your expertise.

Which is the best choice between #1 and #2 in the clarity perspective?

I know, #3 is the best, but I am not sure if it is worth for another $10,000 compared to #1.

I was also told that #1 cut can’t be true 2 carat cut because it is possibility to meet 2 carat, even number by force.

You can say the difference between VS1 and VS2? Can you see the inclusion with our own eyes?

How about the measure in the following description?

Click here

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Really hard to tell without more information. Do you have access to a Gemex/BrilliantScope report? ASET image? Do you have the cut angles? None of those are facing up terribly large for a 2ct stone. Makes me wonder if they're cut too deep or have a thick girdle.

I'd recommend spending a lot of time over at Pricescope and learning what makes a diamond a good light performer. There really is a lot of math to it. Also check out Good Old Gold for some great info and great stones.

Really hard to tell without more information. Do you have access to a Gemex/BrilliantScope report? ASET image? Do you have the cut angles? None of those are facing up terribly large for a 2ct stone. Makes me wonder if they're cut too deep or have a thick girdle.

You must miss the link that I put above.

Click here

Thanks in advance,

I didn't miss it, it just doesn't have enough information. It gives depth and table percentages. It doesn't have girdle thickness, crown/pavilion angles, etc... To be honest, i wouldn't touch a diamond from blue nile. If you insist on purchasing online check out Whiteflash or GOG. Both have good return policies and post actual relevant information on their stones. BlueNile doesn't even show a Sarin report. As an example, check out the information on this stone - Diamond - GoodOldGold.com or this one 2.006 Carat AGS Certified Whiteflash ACA Cut Diamond: E Color, VS2 Clarity

If you're planning on spending this much money, do your homework first.

Oh~~~ I see.

To be honest, I don't undertand a half of your jargon. :wink: As an average joe, I have only concerned carat, color, clarity, shape, polish/symmetry.......

Hey,,,, If I knew much, why did I post it here? :)

Thanks for your links...

Edit: After checking out the links, I can see what you are talking about....

AGS is better than GIA for the cut evaluation?

I prefer GIA, but don't mind having both certifications.....

AGS "ideal" is usually a bit better light performer than GIA "ideal" and AGS tends to be a little more critical on flaws. Good stuff on pricescope. It's the scubaboard of the diamond-world

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom