PowerMax Generator----Ever used?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks skull for your detailed answer to my question. (no thanks button here).

You DA MAN!.... Does it look the new or used?

one of those photos looks like a "stock photo" from a sales website but the other it looks new on the pallet. give him a shout and find out.

Web Monkey:
I love it when he says "It's a little noisy but not too bad"

I'm pretty sure I'll keep my Honda. :cool:

I agree that the Honda's are GREAT generators and most are very quiet.

but I doubt when it's running a compressor, that generator noise is much of an issue as the compressor is likely louder than about any generator. (just something to think about...)

Mike... I sent out the email last night though.... I haven't heard anything yet.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to be my choice. I have searched for the generator option for more than a year and it is about time to get it. But, like I said, I had better follow Skull's recommendation...

BTW, you don't have "Thanks" button anymore....????

Oh... I see... I must be out of dated.... Thanks for your PM as well.. :)

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you ..

I like the Honda EU2000 for camp ground power. Light weight, 15+ hours on 1 gal of gas when used in energy saving idle.

~12A @ 115V ...great for the camp site.

I own a Generac 6500W ... used it a lot when I was in the field working remote Radio Tower sites ...has like a 6 gal tank and ran all day (with fuel saving idle control turned on) admittedly not as quite(actually not even close) as a Honda but literally 1/2 the price and just a durable.Not good for a camp site ..too loud.

All the Hondas, Kawa's and Yama's are insanely quite and durable but they do come at a premium.

Here's why I've shifted to inverters.

A 1500W 120V inverter hooked up to a 3 amp load running would drain a 12V (rated at 100Ahrs for 20hrs)Deep Cycle Marine Battery in about 186 mins approx 3 hrs. Hook it up to your car while running (parallel with jumper cables off of your car battery) and you can charge it back up in 20 minutes.

Keep in mind that is just a small cheep deep cycle from West Marine. or Auto parts store.

Use a heavier battery say a 458Ahr 12V 20Hr rated and you can run the same 3A 120V load for 475mins thats almost 8 hours before you need a charge. 6A 120V load for 4 hours, 12A 120V load for 2hours

All on a 1500 W inverter like this one 1500W Power Inverter by Vector - DonRowe.com

Keep in mind if you don't mind running your car engine with an inverter or two inverters ... electricity is only limited to how much gas you have in your autos tank.

Now if you want 240 V I wouldn't recommend an inverter cause 240V loads are usually motors and big motors eat battery charge life fast. May as well drop back to a gasoline generator.

Finally 10kW generators weigh in at a heft 250lbs empty .. throw in 5 gallons of gas and they get very difficult to lift into a vehicle ... usually a two man operation.

This generator is cheap, it will do the job, but I would not rely on it at all. Powermax generators are made in China like most things presently. For service, safety and reliability I would consider any other brand than this one. This generator is a low end generator, if you would like the brand of the manufacturer, go with Powerland, they have more options, you will deal directly with manufacturer instead of an in between that is taking advantage of people, they do not have parts in stock, they are not able to answer questions quickly, only the parts are covered under the warranty and believe me you will need some. Like mentioned they do not have any and can take up to 30 days to get them from China, so they are not well organized. They are a tool shop, not a generator store. Everybody should do a bit of research before buying or think twice and more before buying a unit from them, you get only what you paid for, but with this brand it is not even the case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom