Denver Area Rocky Mtn Meet, Greet, Dive -n- Eat!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to thank everyone for coming out and making the trip enjoyable.

We did two dives. It was overcast, and windy, but the vis was surprisingly good.

We did a crawdad roundup, and BubbaJ was the big weener taking home enough Dads for a good meal for the entire family.

We hit the plane on both dives, and we saw a lot of fish this time around as well as PLENTY of Crawdads.

When we were packing up it was a variable garage sale of items left behind. Tino has a turquoise TShirt, and a pair of shoes size 9 that was left. I have John's Whites Fusion Drybag, so I have a feeling we will see one another again soon! :D

There were a couple of chairs left behind. I believe those may belong to UW Phantaseas. Not sure who took those, and if they were left with the Aurora staff, or carted off to someones home.

If you are missing gear, post, and it will be returned.

Overall despite a bit of questionable weather, I had a great time, and I believe everyone else did as well. Happy Birthday to Tino (yesterday). We had cake, and Birthday dives are always memorable!

Franks wife lost a Jetfin with Spring Strap over near the wall (to the right side of the dive area when facing the water. If someone finds a Jetfin with a spring strap, that belongs to Frank. It is likely in about 15' of water, but Frank can speak up, and give exact details for folks that maybe going out there to dive.

Keep an eye on the RMO forum for more dives this summer. We are planning another trip to BH in the next month as well as dives to places like Nebraska where the vis is a reported 30'+.

I had a great time, and it was great to see everyone again, and FINALLY meet the illusive Boulder John! :D

I'll own up to being a winner in the lost and left behind equipment. Lyn's jet fin is in 5 feet or less of water near the dam. With the wind pushing waves into the dam the vis was a foot or less when I tried to find the fin. I may make trip to find it later. Yes the t-shirt is mine. Thanks Tino, see you next trip.
Frank

Thanks to everyone for a great day diving. I didn't get any pictures but I got a video of the bass that followed us around for 10 minutes.

J, awesome job with the brats and the Etouffee looks great! i'm gotta get a license now!!! how did they taste?

Thanks to everyone for a great day diving. I didn't get any pictures but I got a video of the bass that followed us around for 10 minutes.

J, awesome job with the brats and the Etouffee looks great! i'm gotta get a license now!!! how did they taste?

Post the video!

Etoufee was very good. It took me an hour to wash the dads (soak, drain, remove dead ones, repeat until water stays clear) and about 20 minutes to peel them afterwards... so it was a very long process.

I have a tee shirt that was left behind it says (boundry waters ) on it. I also have a pair of body glove shoes size 9. If they belong to you, reply so I can return your items.
I also want to thank everyone that made it for diving with me on my birthday,I had a great time

Post the video!

Etoufee was very good. It took me an hour to wash the dads (soak, drain, remove dead ones, repeat until water stays clear) and about 20 minutes to peel them afterwards... so it was a very long process.

very cool, it looks great. you'll have to run over the process with me and we'll have to go bug hunting soon. I'm in the works of reinventing a catchbag for bugs...

video of the white striped bass and the small mouth bass.
RMO - 5th annual local MGDE

I

I have John's Whites Fusion Drybag, so I have a feeling we will see one another again soon! :D

I had a great time, and it was great to see everyone again, and FINALLY meet the illusive Boulder John! :D

It was a historic meeting, not quite like Livingston and Stanley, but close.

I piled all my stuff in bins in the back of the car, rushed up to Loveland to have a Father's Day eve dinner with my son and grandchildren, then came home late at night and put my stuff out to dry. I was out all day yesterday, not getting back until nearly midnight. Reading this is the first I knew my bag was missing!

Are you ever in the Denver/Boudler area? I can meet you in most places, but I would rather not drive to Conifer if I can aboid it.

I am sorry to have missed this event. There were more fish in that video then I have seen at one time in Aurora. The viz seemed pretty good. Unfortunetaly, I had already scheduled a trap shoot that day. First time I have ever done that. It was a lot of fun but very tricky with the winds. Hope to see you guys soon.

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom