BLUE Ocean film fest winners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill Fisher

Contributor
Reaction score
AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED FOR BLUE OCEAN FILM FESTIVAL-June 13, 2009

BLUE Ocean Film Festival is a global film and conservation event founded to ÅÑromote, honor and share films that inspire people to protect our oceans and the life within.

333 Productions: Joe Romeiro/Bill Fisher win award for:

EMERGING UNDERWATER FILM MAKER with their film

Death of a Deity

YouTube - 333-death of a deity

wow

nice

Congratulations !!! Fantastic !!!

Would you mind sharing what it took to make ? Camera, housing, editing s/w h/w, audio, voice overs, script, etc..

Never seen one in the wild, but I hope to some day. For some reason, the idea of being underwater with a shark is not as spooky to me as encountering one while playing on the beach. I suppose the "fear" is not knowing what lies underneath the surface.

They are beautiful animals indeed.

This was shot over the course of about 1 year at many locations around the world with a sony FX 1 in a gates housing. Edited on a mac tower with final cut pro. The narration/audio/editing was done at our home video/audio studios. Once we had the footage this actually fell together pretty quickly. We originally put this together for the Saturday night film fest at Our World Underwater 2009 where we showed a longer film of ours named SILENT REQUIEM. We needed something shorter for the film fest so we took portions of various scripts that had been recorded in the past, and edited it together for the storyline. This narration was not recorded as written, but put together after the fact. Glad you like the film.

Congrats Bill to you and Joe!! Look forward to seeing you this year at Guadalupe!

Great job Bill. I still have the shark video you sent me from your diving in Fiji. It is great. We are heading back to Fiji in 2010 and hope to see the tiger!! Again, really great video.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom