Rookie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I'm new to the Diving Community. Recently received my Open water diver certification.

Going boat diving for the first time next weekend at Beaver Lake, Arkansas. Getting pretty pumped about it.

Todd

Todd:

Welcome to Scubaboard! First and foremost, have a great dive at Beaver Lake and be sure to post a quick note on your first boat dive experience and tell us a bit about lake diving in Arkansas! It is safe to say that it is a big wet planet and most of us haven't seen 1% of the great dive sites... Learning about where you dive will be interesting for all of us.

ScubaBoard is a great resource with many dedicated contributers making positive contributions! In addition to public posts, don't hesitate to send private messages to anyone that you think might be able to help you with a specific question... That is what most of us are here for!

Enjoy and let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you...

Welcome to the board.

Egads, just had a flash back on my first boat dive!!!

Welcome to the board, glad you found us.

First of all I want to apologize for those I haven't responded to that have sent me a copy of the Dacor Omni dive computer manual. So far I have received 3 copies - all identical. Wow , what a great support group to be associated with.

The other thing I'm having trouble with is figuring out how to post messages for all to view. Yeah I know what your thinking, How's this guy going to figure out the dive computer ? Nevertheless when I figure out posting a message on the board I'll tell you how the dive went at Beaver Lake.
For starters lets just say I'm hooked!

Todd in Kansas

Had my first official dive last Saturday at Beaver Lake which is located in Arkansas.
Our club - Jayhawk divers, sponsored the dive so it was nice to see familier faces.

My first dive was 60ft. There were several things to look at like a Helicopter,plane,waverunner,motorcycle, and finally a huge tree decorated with chainsaws. Kinda weird but cool. Had trouble equalizing at 25ft. Probably due to descending to fast. Went back to 15ft. Cleared, and started back down. Joined my dive buddies at 25ft. and off we went to 60ft. Started ascending after a few minutes. Held at 15ft. for a long time due to all the fish activity, which was awesome seeing how they hide under rock ledges. Big lunch on the dive boat.

Second dive was 40ft. New location on the lake. I was a pro by now. Took me no time to gear up. Got ready to take the plunge until one of the advanced divers ask if that was my weight belt laying on the deck. Jeeze! I wanted to say " Not mine" but it would have been pretty obvious once I hit the water. Oh well , small glitch. Got it on. Dove down to see a school bus at 40ft. Ascended to 30 ft. Looked at a old house/farm foundations. As I said earlier. I'm hooked on diving !

Thanks again to all.

Rookie diver in Kansas.

Sounds like you figured out the posting issue and had a great time diving Todd. Congrats. Keep diving and telling how it goes.

SB is a great resource. Be sure to look at the regional forums to find one closest to you. There you will find lots of divers who go to the same sites you will be diving.

Back
Top Bottom