Sand Dollar vs Buddy Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've been to Bonaire 3 times and stayed at Sand Dollar. Both 1 and 2 bedroom units were great. Bari Reef is a fantastic house reef for both day and night dives. Resident naturalist at Bonaire Dive & Adventure, Jerry Ligon, is a real gem. The dive op has always been very good for us.

Good diving, Craig

I've stayed at the Sand Dollar and Buddy's. I like the rooms at the Sand Dollar, but we had a miserable week dealing with the surly Andre and staff at BDA. They lock the tanks up at 4:30 in the afternoon and roll up the sidewalk at BDA. The shop employees were more interested in leaving work than they were in helping anyone. Seemed like we were always rushing to check tanks out before the afternoon lockup! :shakehead: Anyway, we like Buddy's much better. Tanks are available 24-7, and the dive staff is friendly and helpful. The dock is very convenient to the entire complex, no long walks to and from the dock. FWIW, we also prefer The Plaza and Toucan Diving over SD and BDA. Toucan is a first rate dive op. :palmtree: Bob

I've stayed at the Sand Dollar and Buddy's. I like the rooms at the Sand Dollar, but we had a miserable week dealing with the surly Andre and staff at BDA. They lock the tanks up at 4:30 in the afternoon and roll up the sidewalk at BDA. The shop employees were more interested in leaving work than they were in helping anyone. Seemed like we were always rushing to check tanks out before the afternoon lockup! :shakehead: Anyway, we like Buddy's much better. Tanks are available 24-7, and the dive staff is friendly and helpful. The dock is very convenient to the entire complex, no long walks to and from the dock. FWIW, we also prefer The Plaza and Toucan Diving over SD and BDA. Toucan is a first rate dive op. :palmtree: Bob

They do offer free locks to lock up 4 tanks per locker right on the dock to use after hours or use them first thing after you get up.

They do offer free locks to lock up 4 tanks per locker right on the dock to use after hours or use them first thing after you get up.

Yep, and if you stay at Buddy Dive, you don't need a free lock. Tanks are always available whenever you need them. :wink: :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom