Stupid lobster license question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
On a Massachusetts Lobster Permit, which is the correct number to display on the flag and tanks, the permit number or the customer ID number? The only reason I ask is that the permit number is only the last four digits of your social (in which there could be other licenses with duplicate numbers) but the customer ID number should be unique.

Last year I displayed the customer ID number, but is that correct?

Use the permit number the EP's will match that to your license "when" they stop you for an inspection

Amajamar - The last four of your social security number are the numbers that should go on your tank and flag.

Amajamar - The last four of your social security number are the numbers that should go on your tank and flag.
But if you do not want to advertise your "last four", you can request any 4-digit number -- as long as it is not already in use.

But if you do not want to advertise your "last four", you can request any 4-digit number -- as long as it is not already in use.

This is exactly what I did and I display this 4 digit number of my choosing on my tank and flag. Never had an issue. It's not the customer ID #.

LobstaMan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom