Cebu / Bohol Trip Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaDiving1234

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Mabuhay!

I am planning a trip for my gf and I to Cebu in July.
Preferably, it will be a diving (cebu or bohol) + sightseeing trip (Bohol).
However, I will only have 2 full days there, and I will be traveling via Cebu.

Now, i've read there are some good dive sites in Mactan, Moalboal, Malapascua and Bohol.

Does anyone know what the travel times are from Cebu City to these places?
I've heard about the fast ferries, but not sure about the travel times.

Will it be possible to do day trip dives to both Bohol and Cebu (say in 1 of the 3 areas mentioned above?).

Also, which are the better areas for diving in Cebu?

Thanks for the advice peeps.

Cheers

you can take the fast ferry to bohol from cebu at 6am, be there by 8, get to panglao before 9 and diving by 10 am. do two to three dives and get back on the 6pm ferry to cebu. you have to check the ferry schedules though. am not sure if they havent changed.

instead of staying in cebu city, you could stay in a resort in mactan. mactan is just a short ride away from cebu proper.
stayed at maribago blue water a couple of years ago, and did some dives at hilutungan (not sure about the name/spelling) marine sanctuary and their house reef.
two thumbs up for hilutungan.

Thanks.

Have decided to just dive in Moalboal with Nelson's as i've read some good stuff on here.
Will only do about 3-4 dives so wouldnt get bored i reckon.
Not too sure about the accomodations yet, was thinking of the following:
1) Sole e mare
2) Savedra resort
3) Kasai Village
4) Cabana Cebu
5) Flamingo

Any recommendations?
Am looking for some nicer places to stay.

Thanks again.

Cheers

I will be in Moalboal also next month. I will be there from the 18th to the 25th. I am staying at Marcosas and Diving with Cebu Dive Center. Also going to do some other activities while I am there. Hope to see you out there!

Back
Top Bottom