Bahamas: Missing Female Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what i think happen Mrs Wood got in trouble the DM could not over come her if she tryed and just left her , if someone else saw this why dident they try to help at that point , i dont belive anyone seen Mrs. Wood pushing the DM away,I think this is a bad diving err on part of the DM

no MR. Wood did not dive anyother dives ,he stayed with another serch boat that was lookind for his wife

all i can say is, I was there but the DM and Mrs. Wood were 50 feet or so behine the lead that is were my partner an myself was following the Instructor ,if she had been up frount she would still be with us

MEG DIVER states---" All I can say is that I have learnd a lesson I will never leave my partner.".........that or be prepared to be a solo diver @ any time.....

Again sorry for the loss, hopefully lessons WILL be learned from this...

If in a rescue situation, a diver inflates their BC and looses grip of the victim, the recuer needs to simply roll over, exhale, flare out and dump air from BC. There is no need to be 30 lbs bouyant to bring a dive up, you only need enough lift to get the two of you moving at a reasonable and safe pace.

Has the way this is being taught changed?

When I took rescue (admittedly many years ago now) we were taught to inflate the vitims BC and use it for bouyancy while maintaining contact with them. We only used our BC to contol inflation if theirs was inoperative for some reason.

Has the way this is being taught changed?

When I took rescue (admittedly many years ago now) we were taught to inflate the vitims BC and use it for bouyancy while maintaining contact with them. We only used our BC to contol inflation if theirs was inoperative for some reason.

This is what I would do in a a last ditch effort, when say the victim is combative and falling down the wall. Get behind them, grab tank valve, establish positive bouyancy and also kick if that is required. The question was raised that putting excess air in the rescuer's BC would be extemely hazardous if the heavy victim got seperated from the rescuer. This thread is all over the place, but it is getting crazier by the minute.

what is going on with this thread? its all over the shop! Meg I cant understand your posts at all! Seems something very fishy amongst all this like a piece of the story missing it just doesnt add up!

what i think happen Mrs Wood got in trouble the DM could not over come her if she tryed and just left her , if someone else saw this why dident they try to help at that point , i dont belive anyone seen Mrs. Wood pushing the DM away,I think this is a bad diving err on part of the DM

I dont know, but this post says it all to me.

The way I read the post from Meg Diver, (an on site witness), is Mrs Woods got into trouble, the DM attempted to assist, but for whatever reason decided to cease any rescue attempt and left her.

It appears none of the other divers on the trip attempted to help the DM or Mrs Woods.

Meg Diver is not of the opinion Mrs Woods pushed the DM away, and the fatality was due to DM error.

That said, I make no opinion on the accident, however from what I have read there appears to be a common thread running through all of them - the DM was unable to assist or gain control of the diver - to me, thats concerning.

Did the victim push the DM away, the first post says she did? The first post says she was seen pushing the DM away. Who was it that supposedly saw this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom