ltbs friday or saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver4life

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the beach dives here diving this friday or saturday? Will be heading that way from tampa tomorrow. Also wondering how the night dives are there. Is it ltbs or ldbs?
Thanks,
Doug

Last edited:
Anyone familiar with the beach dives here diving this friday or saturday? Will be heading that way from tampa tomorrow. Also wondering how the night dives are there. Is it ltbs or ldbs?
Thanks,
Doug

LBS is what the locals normally call it. We have many regular LBS shoredivers here and I'm sure someone will post the info you have requested. In the meantime this link will give you some background: Fill Express -- The Best Shore Dive in Florida

I have always called it LBTS as in Lauderdale By The Sea, but we all know what you're talking about.

To say that it has been raining a lot would be a huge understatement so don't expect the water near shore to be very clear. On the other hand seas have been fairly flat in the mornings.

Night dives are very nice with lots of life, again there may be lots of "stuff" suspended in the water column. But coming from the west coast that may not be an issue to you :D

The swiss cheese caves are my favorite.

There's a group doing a beach dive from Datura St. tonight at 7:30PM. I will not be there, but I'm sure you can hook up with them.

Thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately the motel we were at didn't have internet service. But it was cheap ,ocean front, and walk out our room and dive.We did get out friday and saturday morning. That was pretty sweet. Made it out to the second reef which is definately nicer than the first one. Has anyone been out further than the second one and if so what is it like.
The schools of tarpon wiil get your attention.
Regards,
Doug

I will be down until the June 18th, need to get some more experience with my gear. I am in the Deerfield Beach area. Give me a shout if you are interested in doing a few dives this week. I am open all week.
Terence

tmaxam99 and jupitermermaid , myself , dived pompano drop off .
for a newbie he did great . He managed to swim to the mooring balls
we headed south then the current took us back north .
bottom time 60 minutes . his air time was very good for a for a person who never dived before . :cool3: taking him back out Wednesday morning .If anybody else is interested let me know .
Same for Thursday

Night dive > A group of us are going out Wednesday night for evening dive (Pompano Drop off)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom