DPV Under $1000 - recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wound up purchasing the SeaDoo Explorer, a 2009 model. Took it to 40 feet and the battery compartment leaked. Called the distributor - he shipped me a new one asap. Will put it in the water next weekend, keeping my fingers crossed that this one doesn't leak as well. It is built pretty tough for the price - pulled me nicely through the water with doubles and a drysuit. I'm looking forward to trying it when it doesn't cut out every 45 seconds. Good customer service from the distributor - hopefully will have success on this next try.

I have a used Mako DPV in very good condition if you're still looking.

$900 firm. Includes battery charger, extra battery, Tekna handle, tow leash, & spare O-rings. Never flooded and been to 140' with no leaks or problems. Pick-up only in the Cleveland/Akron Ohio area.

Attachments

• Mako1 001.JPG
    Mako1 001.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Mako1 004.JPG
    Mako1 004.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Mako1 006.JPG
    Mako1 006.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I have a used Mako DPV in very good condition if you're still looking.

$900 firm. Includes battery charger, extra battery, Tekna handle, tow leash, & spare O-rings. Never flooded and been to 140' with no leaks or problems. Pick-up only in the Cleveland/Akron Ohio area.

Your Mako only has one handle? You must be required to attach it to you or can you cruise and steer with only one hand?

You said TEKNA handle, why did you modify it? (just wondering). I prefer one handed operation of a scooter over two handed anyday of the week. Sometimes I tether my Torpedo but mostly I just freestyle it.

Your Mako only has one handle? You must be required to attach it to you or can you cruise and steer with only one hand?

You said TEKNA handle, why did you modify it? (just wondering). I prefer one handed operation of a scooter over two handed anyday of the week. Sometimes I tether my Torpedo but mostly I just freestyle it.

Seeing as he said it includes a tow leash, pretty sure he rides it one handed after clipping it on. At least that's how I ride my Mako (a la Gavin).

Seeing as he said it includes a tow leash, pretty sure he rides it one handed after clipping it on. At least that's how I ride my Mako (a la Gavin).
Me, too. If you have a bp/w and a tow rope, one handle is a better deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom