DIY Canister Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue15

Contributor
Reaction score
I have for sale the parts to make battery canisters. The kit includes a canister made of schedule 120 PVC pipe, dark gray in color. It will have a PVC plug glued (cold weld) on one end. A top cover made of solid 1 inch Poly carbonite clear plastic, professionally machined to fit the open end, and all the necessary o-rings to seal the canister and modified M@G light.

The canister will be shipped ready for your finishing touches...adding your gland, draw latches, switch, or whatever you want to do to it. The kit does not include any of these parts, just the canister, lid and o-rings

The canister fits this battery... http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2219

Canister cost shipped to your door on the continental US via USPS Priority mail will be between $65 and $80.00 depending on the size of the order (the more orders I get the cheaper it will be.

This is what you will get...
**2 each buna -N o-rings in sizes 227, 134 and 124
**canister made of sched 120 PVC Pipe with sealed base. dimensions are ID 2 3/16 inch, OD 2 13/16, 7 2/8 long (inside depth is 6 7/8 inches) I can make the canister longer for a slightly higher fee.
**lid made of 1 inch poly carb clear plastic, custom machined to provide snug fit in the top of the canister.

I NEED A COMITTMENT FOR 5 ORDERS BEFORE I CAN SHIP TO MEET MINIMUM SHOP REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LID

I will not order any parts untill I have the minnnnnimum committment. This means shipping will be delayed 7 to 10 days depending on the turnaround time of the plastics shop.

Pic of completed light is from the first run.

PM me with your reservations for quickest response.

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• 100_2177.jpg
    100_2177.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_2178.jpg
    100_2178.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_2179.jpg
    100_2179.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_2181.jpg
    100_2181.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 107
  • lid 001.jpg
    lid 001.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 121
  • lid 003.jpg
    lid 003.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 96
also fits this battery 14.4v Li-ion

Li-ion 18650 Battery: 14.8V 4.8Ah ( 71Wh ) Battery Pack for Diving Lamp (Long) & Mini Submarine (LCH3P2S4B2I2WR) - LCH3P2S4B2I2WR

I have committments for 2 so far ... only 3 to go.

Steve

Ok, I have 3 committments. I need at least 2 more. I just wanted to clarify the original post. I listed a price range of $65 to $80 for the canister, lid and o-rings. The price will be determined by the number of kits and the price of the materials at the time I order them. I will not order the materials untill I get enough committments so I am not out the price of ht ematerials with no chance of recovering my investment. On my last run I barely made anything off the kits (about $5 after shipping). That's not a bad thing because it helped me and all those who purchased the kits but I can't loose money on the project.

So, understand, the final price of the kit will be in this price range.

Thanks,
Steve

I bought 2 cans and lids, and the quality is there, and Steve handles all transactions
like a pro, thanks again David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom