DC1000 Elite or Maxx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueKnight

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone I hope you are all well. After reading through some of the threads I have decided to get a DC1000 to replace my olympus that flooded this year. I am new to diving and taking piccies underwater but the DC1000 seems like it will be a good beginners/intermediate camera. The question I have is do I save a bit extra and get twin strobes or is the single strobe good enough to start then add the second later? Also I have seen other cameras that have a single strobe and a focus light instead of a second stobe. I have a feeling that basicaly I need to adjust equipment for the conditions :)
I will post piccies when I get the camera and go diving. Just waiting for UK water to warm up a bit :coffee:
Kind Regards
BK

The Elite is a good place to start and at anytime you can easily attach another strobe.

Enjoy and hope the weather warms up over there!

I have the DC800 and consider both the DC800 and 1000 to be beginner cameras. I would go with one strobe and when you become a better photographer, upgrade the whole package. I just bought it because if I lose it, it was cheap anyways. Don't get me wrong, they do take average to good pics. But a professional camera, they are far from. Just my two cents...

I have the dc 1000 and for less then 100 dollars the wide angle lens is excellent(a little vignetting though)

Hi
I am new to under water photography.
I have the DC 1000 elite, I use the wide angle lens alot ..I am saving for the 2nd strobe so if you can afford to buy the Maxx kit do it... also the strobe diffuser is a must, cuts down scatter amazingly well.

I have just a few pics in the members gallery on my 1st dive with the camera. Hope this helps you.

:D

One strobe is better than none, and two strobes are better than one.

I personally bought the two strobe MAXX kit because I want to give myself the best opportunity to get the most out of the camera from the start (I bought the DC800 kit and have upgraded the camera to the DC1000... long story, see post elsewhere).

When I get some clear water I am going to do a set of demonstration pictures with one strobe and two strobes, diffusers and no diffusers, WA lens and no WA lens, so you all can see the difference in what they do.

Personally, I would think SeaLife would want to do something like this on their website, so customers could see exactly the benefits of upgrading the equipment, but they haven't so I am going to do it for y'all.

When I get some clear water I am going to do a set of demonstration pictures with one strobe and two strobes, diffusers and no diffusers, WA lens and no WA lens, so you all can see the difference in what they do.

Personally, I would think SeaLife would want to do something like this on their website, so customers could see exactly the benefits of upgrading the equipment, but they haven't so I am going to do it for y'all.

I would love to see the results of these tests. Looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom