Aqua-Inn dive shop in Akumal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our only experience with the Aqua-Inn is at the Grand Serinis. We didn’t have any problems, but every day is a new experience I guess. I thought it odd that they took a father and son on an intro dive in the open ocean, but I guess this is standard procedure down there.

Our only experience with the Aqua-Inn is at the Grand Serinis. We didn’t have any problems, but every day is a new experience I guess. I thought it odd that they took a father and son on an intro dive in the open ocean, but I guess this is standard procedure down there.

Sorry if I sound gruff, but NO it's not standard procedure down here to take people without the experience or the proper training on a dive that is beyond thier limits. Being in Mexico doesn't mean you need to dive with the crappy operators that don't understand the value of training or the value of quality.

Choose a dive shop wisely, maybe you will have to travel 5 to 10 minutes away from your resort.

Dennis

This description is not even closes to the experience we had with Aqua Inn. Maybe it was that we were at the Sandos location and had different DMs. I hadn't dove in a year and asked for a refresher course first. Which got me comfortable with my gear again. And then a boat dive, the DM kept a close eye on every one in the group, made sure gauges were checked, and that we did our surfacing at the right intervals. I don't know about their gear as I had my own. What happened to you was not right and who ever those people are should not be in the business of taking people diving.

This description is not even closes to the experience we had with Aqua Inn. Maybe it was that we were at the Sandos location and had different DMs. I hadn't dove in a year and asked for a refresher course first. Which got me comfortable with my gear again. And then a boat dive, the DM kept a close eye on every one in the group, made sure gauges were checked, and that we did our surfacing at the right intervals. I don't know about their gear as I had my own. What happened to you was not right and who ever those people are should not be in the business of taking people diving.

Well...thank God for the industry there are thousands of good experiences for every one bad one. You can dive with one shop all week and have great dives only to have your opinion turned around 180 degrees with one bad event.
In areas with few dive shops folks will put up with more but in an area like this... there are so many ops to choose from you learn to expect the operators to fly a little straighter to keep the business. Glad to hear yours was one of the 1000.:D

Well...thank God for the industry there are thousands of good experiences for every one bad one. You can dive with one shop all week and have great dives only to have your opinion turned around 180 degrees with one bad event.
In areas with few dive shops folks will put up with more but in an area like this... there are so many ops to choose from you learn to expect the operators to fly a little straighter to keep the business. Glad to hear yours was one of the 1000.:D

If you should go back to Sandos in Playacar and want to use their dive shop ask for Phillip. Hope all your other trips are 100%

I just got back from the Grand Sirenis Sunday. The aqua inn is still operating there. They are still in the process of changing their web address. All diving is now priced in USD so ther can be no conversion errors. I mad 4 dives with them including my 11 year old son making his first open water dive. All went well for me. I always dive my own gear, and did hear of a depth guage that was about 20 feet off. Always beware of rental gear. Sorry to hear of all the bad experiences.

Nwffdiver,

Did they offer Parasailing at Aqua-Inn still? Just curious, they had a fatal accident a couple years ago and wasn't sure if they still had the dive shop open or not. Glad to hear it is still open. How was your stay at the Grand Sirenis? We stayed there a couple times when they first opened and hope they haven't went down hill since then.

Snagel

All diving is now priced in USD so ther can be no conversion errors..

They may have a price list that shows prices in US dollars however when your credit card is charged....It is in Pecos. The dive shop converts (and usually in their favor) by multiplying your usd by the current exchange rate into Pecos.
The only time you will pay in usd is if you use cash or prepay online.

Hi!

I am going to Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda next week and was looking all over scuba board for reviews on Aqua Inn... FINALLY I found a thread on it!

Has anyone used the Aqua Inn from BBGesmeralda? We were going to go to PDC to dive with a shop there, but still it would be so easy to just get up on a day there and decide to go diving... But... since I could not find any information on them at all I was really hesitant. I thought maybe they were low key and did not do websites, but now who really does not have one? Personal experience from diving there would be wonderful to hear!

:) Trista

Back
Top Bottom