Need suggestions for Phillipine dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You did not mention it, but if you like wrecks I would recommend Coron.. It is pretty quite(night life wise) you can spend a couple of days there and one day sight seeing before you fly back..

I really enjoyed my time there.

Hi Ella,

I dont think I saw mention of a budget; but certainly i think Dauin fits your requirements, great sloping reefs with some excellent coral; are you into macro as that is the specialty here.

If you want romantic and classy then you cant do better than the newest place around here Luxury Resorts and Residences - Atmosphere Resorts Philippines

It will certainly be quiet without much nightlife, and there are rarely many currents on the coastal dives.

Enjoy your trip,

Matt.

Have been to Malapascua (Exotic Dive Resort) and Sogod Bay (Peters Dive Resort) and like them both. Sogod was even more laid back than Malapascua. Very few tourists, and the only night life are two local bars down the road. Easy diving and pristine coral reefs with lots of colorful stuff. No big adrenalin rushing diving although you may have a few whale sharks in November. There is great shore diving right in front of the dive shop. Overall one of the most relaxed dive trip I have done so far and really low cost as well. Malapascua is also quite compared to many other places but busier than Sogod Bay.

Thanks for all the great replies to my post. I have been away from the computer for several weeks enjoying tulips and windmills in the Netherlands and Belgium. Now that I'm home, I need to research all the great suggestions and get a dive trip planned.

I agree Camiguin, is a special place, it seemed different from alot of other islands, more 'small townish'

nobody seems to mention anilao. there is no night life over there and very quiet especially on weekdays. weekends its usually packed with divers from manila. i've never been to southern leyte but the guys here say it is absolutely beautiful. perfect time of the year to go there too. you just might see whalesharks there. there are a few threads about the diving in southern leyte/sogod bay. alona in bohol would be nice too. not too much night life but not as laid back as malapascua. nice resorts there and lots of good diving.

dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom