Raystown Lake Diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howe719

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone dove raystown?? I live about 40 mins from there i am goin there with my boat every weekend during the summer but i have not been diving there because none of my friends that go with me there want to dive or cant so... i am def not diving that place alone. I have heard of some pretty nice places to dive and heard about at the dam part about the power station but the top of the building is at 140 feet. My instructor told me if i ever wanted to try it he knew a guy that has dove it and would take me if i ever got the want to. HA might stay away from that for awhile.

Just looking for some stories, nice places to dive there and any takers that would need to dive there this up coming summer..

alex

I have dover there a few times, I have kept my boat docked there for the past (2) seasons. I plan to do some diving there again this summer, just to see what I can find if anything.

alright sounds good i am only about 40 mins from there so if you want a dive buddy let me know and we can try to be there at the same time.. I have a boat and we could meet and tie up.

Sounds great, I will PM you a couple of weeks prior to going.

I will be in the area this summer and am interested in Raystown Lake also. if you dive it, pass on a dive report and some info, maybe a map if you go to the power house.
Thanks,
Scott

My goal is to see this power house but i will not go alone or with another buddy. I would like to get a group together to go maybe 4 to 6 if anyone is wanting to do this please drop a few lines i would like to get a weekend lined up to do this say mid june or july. I use to be at raystown every weekend but i have to move to harleysville, pa which is north west of philly so i am close to dutch now. Let me know thanks

Lake raystown is not for the faint of heart. If you are looking for a good local place to train for bigger tech dives it has alot to offer. On sat we dove shallow the surface temp was 78, at 30 ft the vis was 5ft temp was 57, at 50ft vis was 3ft with lights and the temp was 41. The max depth is 180 ft at the power plant, a great dive by the way. There are several bridges around 50 ft what is left of a town and a bunch of cottages cars small boats. For those of us tech divers out there it is very fun. Not so much fun for rec divers.

I must add that there are no standing building just foundations, that I know of and have found.

A guy named John Shaffer came out with a dive book for raystown. I think it runs for about $10. Great book if you're planning on diving raystown. From what I skimmed through, it has gps locations and detailed info of where to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom