Philippine Dive Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am looking for some dive resorts in the Philippine islands. It would be nice if it is under $100 per day for a bunk, 3 meals and diving. Hopefully, not hard to get to from Manilla. Atlantis is advertised in the US, but it is around $200 per day. My preference is for something less deluxe and less visible. Actually, the more Philippine style it is the better. Lodging plus diving and partial meals is a possibility, provided restaurants are nearby. Running hot water required. Have dive gear, will travel. Helpful if they take $US travelers checks or credit cards.

depending on the package... The cheapest one is in town, Mike picks the divers up or meet at the shop and then to the divesite or his boat to Apo. another category is staying at well beach resort close to Malatapay.

Mike also builds his own place and it should be ready last quarter 2009. He has a medium sized banka and builds a nice speedboat at present.

I am freelancing but I work a lot together with Mike. It is not as convenient as diving with one of the resorts for now (what will change when his resort is ready) but if you look about his reputation here an other sites, where I am not spamming you will have problems to find any negative word about that little man... he is just a good boy and people love his way

In PG (about 3 hours from Manila). You can easily get by with about 15-20$ a night for a room, maybe 10$ a day for food (if you eat local, rather than the tourist food), and about 20-30$ a dive. I'm sure you can make some decent diving for your budget!

The only problem is the budget accomodations there don't usually have a web page for publicity. You need to walk around and check places out for yourself. That is usually the best way of keeping it budget over there. Same goes for the dive operators. Walk around, check them out, and choose the one that seems to suit you best!

Cheers!:coffee:

Try Sabang resort in Puerto Galera. They can pick u up from Manila and the weekly rate should be less than $500 from what i heard.

Cebu and Negros.

Fly into Cebu that's got an international airport or to Manilla and then to Cebu. Domestic flights in the country are not expensive.

1 Take the bus from Cebu city to Moalboal and go diving with Jesper and the guys at Neptune. You will probably find Pescadore Island to be the best dive you ever made. First mail him on info@neptunediving.com and let him know you're on your way.

2 Then you continue down south to Lilloan and Santander. There you visit Dennis in his resort Eden. You find it at Eden Resort - Your all inclusive, western standard, luxury hotel & resort in Liloan, Santander, Cebu, Philippines and the drift dives you can do in this area is absolutely fantastic. You can reach Dennis on dennis@mensa.se to make sure he knows you're coming.

3 Take the ferry over to Negros and spend at least one night in Dumaguete. There are a lot of places to stay in that place. It's a nice town where you can find all the things you can't when you're travelling around in the bush. Don't miss the café in the basement of Lee Plaza.

4 Take another ferry over to the fantastic Island of Siquihor. There you find a tricycle to take you to Kiwi Dive Resort. The most laid back place you're ever likely to visit. Make sure you note when you arrive because it's very easy to get lost in time and realize that you've been hanging around With Bruce and his lovely staff for a long time... kiwi@fil.net is his address.

Of course there are other places worth visiting in the visaya area like Bohol and Malapascua and in the end it boils down to how much time you’ve got and how keen you are on moving around/stay and relax. For the people with a higher demand for evening/night activities Boracay is a natural choice. There is not very god diving but plenty of places that offer dancing till sunrise.

Beside Visaya there are many islands with excellent diving. The wrecks around Coron for example is world class and not far behind the famous Truck Lagoon.

Enjoy

...a...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom