WTB bungee making supplies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

segraves1

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want to make some bungee cords to tie off/hold/etc things. I would think I "can" order the stuff online but I'm looking for a local place I could just drive to and get it (simpler). Is there such a place here in Phoenix that would sell bulk (by the foot) bungee cord, the clamps, etc.?

Thanks,
Chris

Side note: Just got a 7' miflex hose today and installed it on my primary. This stuff is REALLY NICE (can't wait to dive it)! Price wise its only $5-$10 more than regular rubber hose but is not only lighter but more flexible and would think stronger (abrasion resistant). I'll be getting a 22" or 24" to replace the rubber hose on my backup. FYI

REI (the sporting goods stores)?

do they have the "clamps" (staple looking things) and tools as well?

Side note: Just got a 7' miflex hose today and installed it on my primary. This stuff is REALLY NICE (can't wait to dive it)! Price wise its only $5-$10 more than regular rubber hose but is not only lighter but more flexible and would think stronger (abrasion resistant). I'll be getting a 22" or 24" to replace the rubber hose on my backup. FYI

I have the miflex hoses myself - and absolutly LOVE them - I've had them for over a year now (no where near as many dives on them as I'd want to) - but they have done great.

Sport Chalet also carries the shock cord- it should be on a spool by the climbing supplies. Not sure about the clamps, we also just tie the cord in knots. No problems thus far.

Check out West Marine. That is where i purchased my supplies. The have the shock cord and marine safe fasteners

Here is the right place to go to! These guys have 5-7 different diameters of bungee. It is an upholstery store; I bet you can find your clamps there as well. I've been going here for years and it is SOOO cheap.

Tempe Sales Co.
412 W Broadway Rd
Tempe, AZ 85282
(480) 967-4811‎

I went to west and REI.

West has shock cord but most of it is white. 1/8inch cord at West is $0.60 a foot. The have the clamp rings but no smaller than for 3/16inch.

REI has LOTS to choose from (I got black) and 1/8inch from them is $0.15 a foot. No clamp rings. I also got 5foot of Velcro for $1.50.

FYI

Back
Top Bottom