Beware of Dive Chronicles photo contests!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete
Your rudeness and insentivity didn't come from the "factlets" you stated but how you presented them. Using terms like "bogus" and "trying to get something for nothing" casts aspersions on the character of the person who was aggrieved in the first place by the incompetence of Dive Chronicle.
Not to mention using a phrase tainted in racism to push your point was just inappropriate. Incredibly, someone actually pointed out this in one of the posts but you failed to read that even. For the admin of this board, while it's unfair to hold you to higher standards, expectations of responsible responses from you aren't unreasonable. However, if slurring people's character and also making racial remarks (however innocuous you thought it to be, it was pointed out that some people find it objectionable) is ok by you, well then that says it all.

Fine... pile on. Have fun. Jim corroborated what I had heard about the credit card not working/being charged. Now tell me again why that's rude and insensitive? As I stated, there are ALWAYS two sides to every story... but let's make that at least three: your side, their side and the truth (which is somewhere in between).

You should have quit while you were already behind, you're losing this one. Such a shame what you don't realize.

You know, I could see how the last phrase of my initial post could be construed as being racist, so I deleted the post. My apologies to anyone offended by that, and I didn't catch it until I read the report in the back room. There was no intent for it to be a racial slur, but I am certain that you won't believe me. After all according to you guys, I am a lying, insensitive, and pathetic loser who bows to the pressure of an alleged advertiser who hasn't spent a dime here. Maybe you should look at my WHOLE LIFE before you make those judgments!?! What? No time? I hear that this is not a good excuse.

Somehow, I don't think I would have born near the brunt of this anger if I had jumped on the lynch Brad bandwagon, NO MATTER WHAT I SAID. But hey, that's my opinion after crawling out from under the dogpile. Sorry, but I will not bow to the tyranny of the masses no matter how convenient that may be!

The irony of it all, is that the winner apparently doesn't know if they even want the prize. Kinda funny really. Much ado about nothing.

You know, I could see how the last phrase of my initial post could be construed as being racist, so I deleted the post. My apologies to anyone offended by that, and I didn't catch it until I read the report in the back room. There was no intent for it to be a racial slur, but I am certain that you won't believe me. After all according to you guys, I am a lying, insensitive, and pathetic loser who bows to the pressure of an alleged advertiser who hasn't spent a dime here. Maybe you should look at my WHOLE LIFE before you make those judgments!?! What? No time? I hear that this is not a good excuse.

Somehow, I don't think I would have born near the brunt of this anger if I had jumped on the lynch Brad bandwagon, NO MATTER WHAT I SAID. But hey, that's my opinion after crawling out from under the dogpile. Sorry, but I will not bow to the tyranny of the masses no matter how convenient that may be!

The irony of it all, is that the winner apparently doesn't know if they even want the prize. Kinda funny really. Much ado about nothing.

You know, I bet people wouldn't be nearly as lynch mobby toward you if you were a Dawg and not one of those reptiles you seem to hang out with so much.... :kiss2:

Do you ever wonder sometimes, just why you bothered to get out of bed? I do...:D

You know, I bet people wouldn't be nearly as lynch mobby toward you if you were a Dawg and not one of those reptiles you seem to hang out with so much.... :kiss2:

Do you ever wonder sometimes, just why you bothered to get out of bed? I do...:D
I keep looking for the "kick me" sign you dawgs put on my back, and just wonder why people think I should abdicate all opinions to reflect that of the masses. I am NOT a politician and I don't play one on a forum or TV: what you see is what you get! :D

That is beside the point. What is fair is fair. It is her prize to do with as she chooses.

I believe the so called "racist statement' was not meant to insult anyone. Sometimes we tend to become extremely thin-skinned and want to take offense at every little thing. I believe there was no intent to be racist in the use of that term. Give the man a break.

After all according to you guys, I am a lying, insensitive, and pathetic loser

I'd say you pretty much summed it all up with your post below.

what you see is what you get! :D

I don't know anything about your "WHOLE LIFE" and if your arrogance and attitude during that period is anything like what you have displayed on this thread, then that is one book no one will want to read.

No one ever asked you to "bow to the tyranny of the masses" and attack Brad Nolan or Dive Chronicles. What people did suggest is that before you made really dumb remarks on here is that you take a few minutes and read the story behind the story. But no.....it wasn't on Scubaboard so I guess either it didn't matter at that point or you just didn't have the time. Instead, you decided to make Robyn look like the bad guy/girl with your totally ludicrous comments like "bogus card" and "wanting something for nothing". Those comments were in really poor taste by you and founded on absolutely nothing.

It's pretty obvious to everyone here that instead of being a man about the entire thing, admitting you made a mistake in how you jumped the gun in your posts, and apologizing to Robyn for the way you characterized her, (and you really should do that at least by a PM), instead you would rather play the "woe is me game" and are now looking for some kind of sympathy from folks by bashing yourself and acting in some type of "high and mighty" fashion by saying no matter what the cost to you, you will not, and I love the way you said this, "bow to the tyranny of the masses".

Tomorrow morning when you get out of bed, try putting on your "big boy pants" and stop acting like such a little kid.

Remember Pete, like you said, "What you see is what you get."

I'm surprised we haven't seen Dive Chronicles post on here... They have a presence on scubaboard.

They tried posting on the Wetpixel thread but that didn't go to well for them. Really, what could they possibly say except for "We're very sorry for the way we have responded in this situation." But that's not likely to happen. It appears they are content to let Pete present their side. Can't say as I blame them.

That is OK. When you go RED, you are promised a number of things like mugs and stickers. I was a supporter and then a Sponsor and I have received NOTHING. I fought to get a couple of stickers long after the fact but have paid and supported ScubaBoard for several years and not received anything that was promised (except for a couple stickers that Dave was nice enought to mail to me).

Not to highjack this thread, but a few years back I won a small contest here on Scubaboard and never recieved my prize, contacted them a few months later as to my prize they (Scubaboard) apologised and said they would post it to me. (Still Waiting)

The following is the original message I received from Scubaboard back in 2005.

Congradulations, you're a winner in the 2005 Fall Diver Dude contest
Congratulations again, your entry to the diver dude photo contest was among the top 3 submissions. Unfortunately some technical issues have prevented us from displaying the vote totals but we have confirmed the scores internally. Thank you for entering and now for the best part... your prize!

ScubaBoard will be sending you a goodie bag filled with a small assortment of items. To do this we will need your full name, mailing address and the shirt size. We also will be creating a special badge that you can use in your account, I will inform you when this is complete. Please allow 4 weeks for your prizes to arrive.

Once again thank you for entering the contest and submitting your wonderful photo!

fergyjohn:depressed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom