HUGE kudos to B&B Scuba on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Peter and I arrived on Maui Thursday night, with plans to go out on the North Shore Explorers boat on Saturday and Monday. Because we planned to dive doubles, we brought our doubles regs (which are DIN) and thought that, for the shore diving we would do, we'd just rearrange hoses.

What we forgot was our DIN to yoke converters, and virtually ALL the tanks on Maui are yoke. We knew, from prior experience with a friend, that purchasing a converter here is a lost cause, but we thought just maybe, B&B, as they teach technical diving, might have some DIN tanks.

They didn't, but they had some pro valves, so yesterday, we rented two Al 100s with the pro valves to go shore diving. We used them again today, and then, because all our boat diving plans fell through (NSE's boat is out of service), we decided to join Charlie99 on the Mike SEverns boat tomorrow. Unfortunately, they only have yoke tanks, and no converters. So we went back to B&B and asked if they possibly had two more tanks with the pro valves. They didn't . . . but here's the fantastic thing: They broke down other tanks they had with DIN valves and replaced the valves on two of their 80's with DIN for me, so that I could go dive tomorrow on somebody else's boat. Not only that, but they were worried about getting the tanks filled so we could pick them up at a time that was convenient TO US.

We have always rented our tanks here from B&B, but we have only gone out on their boat a couple of times (as we mostly shore dive). They have always been very pleasant to us, but this just went above and beyond, and I wanted to say a very public thank you to Brad and Blesi for helping us out. THIS is fantastic customer service.

Just a quick note to reiterate what TSandM wrote -- Brad (the second "B" of B & B Scuba, Blessi MUST be the First "B") just did what he always does -- provide the service to his customers that is needed to make the dive happen.

B and B Scuba Website in Kihei.

B&B Scuba made our recent family vacation on Maui a fantastic experience! The atmosphere on their boat and in their shop was extremely service oriented and professional, and best of all, FUN!! I was particularly impressed with Brad, who made our 12 year old not just into a certified OW diver, but a skilled one with a lot of enthusiasm for the sport! Many thanks to B&B for their hard work... :)

and Brad is excellent with kids. As a DM, and an instructor in many other non-diving areas working with kids, I know he imparts confidence, overcomes performance issues and makes kids safe divers. We go once a year on average, Brad and Blesi have always been very gracious to my family. He helped my nephew from Chicago get his AOW, going way above and beyond to make it happen, and it meant a lot to the kid.
Always gracious with tanks for shore diving, great boat operation.

I love diving with Blesi. She manages to find some interesting critters.
The trick is providing a level of safety without hand-holding, and providing some independence to explore while pointing out the critters, and they walk that fine line very well.
I may see you guys next year, Brad and Blesi - 25th anniversary and wifey wants to head back to Maui.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom