Dive Haven, decent diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anybody do their PADI AOW checkouts at Dive Haven? That would be helpful info.

Thanks.

I didn't do my OW Dives at Dive Haven but I did most of my specialties and AOW at dive Haven. Buoyancy, Nav, S&R, Rescue, Deep, The Kraken gave me my Drysuit Spec at Dive Haven. Even did my DM Mapping of the NE Cove. The Diving is fine at Haven and compared to Lanier where I did my first OW checkouts it can be called Great Vis.

Yeah, some dive shops seem to really like doing checkout dives where they want to dive and to add a bit more money to the coffers.

It's my opinion that some like to do this because they can pad the costs enough to cover their own diving expenses.

Just my opinion, but then I'm a cynic.

When one is an independent instructor, as I, one must give careful consideration to such things because the cost of instruction is greater in the outset.

the K

I guess I'm a cynic right along with ya, K. That is my thought also. Why pay so much to go to Pensacola, hotel, boat, etc., when there is a quarry within 1 hr or 2.5 hrs? It sure isn't "value" to me.

I just watched a documentary on the Military Channel on "Quest for Sunken Warships" on the Oriskany.
The stock market was closed today anyway, I couldn't do any trading.

That's a dive I would like to do after I have I have my AOW under my belt. I know that site has brought in the $$$ for the Pensacola area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom