DIRF in PA at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrpai once bubbled...

Man aren't you a hyprocrite? You can complain that its a duplicate post, but I can't tell someone (when they ask mind you) that its supposed to be somewhere.

Read it again. Mine was not a complaint. I didn't know if the 2 parties knew that each other was having a DIRF class the same day and was pointing this fact out.

I got MHKs invite to the DIR/F at Dutch Springs, but I am not sure at this point if I am ready to take the class since I am a fairly new diver. I am thinking about reading the book first and take the class when I feel ready for it - at least after few dives without an instructor.

I am very interested in taking the class, but I don't feel just quite there yet with only 4 open water dives. I want to get my own gear very soon, feel comfortable with it, review my OW tasks and then take the class.

As for DS open after Nov 23rd (the official closing) - my instructor told me that DS would be open all year round for instructors/students and has already the first weekend of December scheduled.

Personally, I would love to see DS open all year round ;-))

Man...You two are funny.

This looks like the perfect place for a cross thread, every other thread is DIR related.

Sorry kwesler, I'm still too wet.
Turns out I have cousins from Austrailia coming in that weekend too.

BTW, why is the class scheduled for 7pm each night?

which seems to be consistent with the past, is a Friday class at night, dives and classes all day Saturday into the night, then a morning dive session followed by an afternoon session on Sunday.

You certianly get your money's worth!

As far as not being ready, I am the LAST person to address that since I waited until I had a couple hundred dives under my belt...HOWEVER, as you can see from other threads, the general opionion is the sooner the better, and that if you go fairly new, you will have to unlearn...unlike me!;-0

Ken

chrpai once bubbled...
I thought I remember reading that class advertisements should go in there region specific board.

If you look down and too the right you'll see a link which says, "Report this post to a moderator".

Oh, does this qualify as stalking?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom