You ordered your she-p, it arrived, now what?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks ScooterGirl. I am really considering getting one of these in the next month before I go back to my drysuit so that article was the most useful yet as far as the practicalities go. The cost is the main thing that is holding me back as I am wondering whether the p-valve is worth it. Every person I know (all men though) have said their p-valves were well worth it though!

I just don't know anybody who uses one locally so haven't been able to find out much information about the whole process :) Most people seem to treat the question with amusement rather than any practical advice :wink: So anyway, cheers!

Saspotato, if you routinely do only one dive a day, and that dive is 45 minutes or less, it's not worth it.

If you go out on small boats, or if you do longer dives, or if you shore dive in places where a restroom is not nearby, it's a godsend. (I do all three.)

Saspotato, if you routinely do only one dive a day, and that dive is 45 minutes or less, it's not worth it.

If you go out on small boats, or if you do longer dives, or if you shore dive in places where a restroom is not nearby, it's a godsend. (I do all three.)

My shore dives can be up two hours or more, boat dives 45-60mins approx. This is kinda why I am still diving wet (putting off the drysuit as long as possible). The water is about 17C at the moment and I end up pretty cold (usually on a day of diving I spend around four hours in the water over 2-3 dives but cold is my main limiting factor at the moment so potentially I could spend longer if I was warm) In a drysuit I can only manage 70-80min dives before having to end due to needing to pee :(

Also, some of the boats I use do not have heads but usually they return to shore in between dives - not always though. So these are reasons I was leaning towards a p-valve in my drysuit... Worth it for me? Most people have recommended "Depends" but they don't sound so appealing...

I'll be starting deco diving soon, so I'm going to invest in a She-P. Barry at Southern Cross divers has just become the Aussie distributor - Southern Cross Divers Calendar. I spoke to him at Oztek, and he's waiting to see if he can source the glue & wipes etc cheaper locally - if he can, it looks like the she-p on its own will retail for around $230.

I'll let you know how I get on!

I'll be starting deco diving soon, so I'm going to invest in a She-P. Barry at Southern Cross divers has just become the Aussie distributor - Southern Cross Divers Calendar. I spoke to him at Oztek, and he's waiting to see if he can source the glue & wipes etc cheaper locally - if he can, it looks like the she-p on its own will retail for around $230.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Ok well I am pretty sure I will get one soon, perhaps when it hits 15C in Melb :wink: I read that Barry stocks them on DiveOz just before so it is good to have a local option - it seems a similar package from overseas would be around $300?

What p-valve are you planning to get with it?

I won't be able to get mine til later this year but, really looking forward to it.

Thanx for the info on what to expect.

I am not ready to buy one yet. Currently not diving because I had surgery but may consider investing in one in the future. Definately will be worthwhile on those longer dives. Certainly a little intimidating concept when I first heard of it.

Well, I'm currently beached by an injury, but I went out on our 21' boat to boat tend for some tech dives yesterday, and I wore my She-P. What a great device! While the guys were diving, I could pee off the back of the boat, just like they do. No body parts ever exposed to the wind, and no cleaning the porta-potty when we got home. What a great device this is!

I have no clue but you might want to drop Babyduck a PM, she has been using them a long time..

Back
Top Bottom