How long is it since you dived?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Came back from Curacao last weekend. Now I'm waiting for the last of the ice to clear.

As for refresher courses I'd have to say yes, after 6 months without diving it should be required.

6 months? There are people who have been diving for years and are completely comfortable underwater but only get to go once a year on vacation. I think that 6 months is a little strict unless the diver is brand new.

2 weeks ago in florida
Im not sure but i could swear i was told when i took my OW that if it has been more then a year you should do the refresher

last dive was Sunday in Key Largo

As far as the refresher goes, if you think you need one take it, if you feel completely comfortable getting back into diving then do a couple easy dives first before testing your skills again.

Last night ... I visited "Pepper" ...

Pepper-1.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob- is that a starfish on the left of the photo? I would have thought that would be lunch?

Tom

It is a starfish ... never seen an octo eat a starfish, they usually prefer crabs. In fact, the most common way to find an octo den is to look for the crab shells.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Last weekend. Prior to that, maybe about 2-3 months

Back
Top Bottom