Salt River Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whats up there ED Jr. I've been itchin to get wet myself haven't blown any bubbles since thanksgiving weekend...Me and a buddy were going to be hitting up the river by the bridge this sunday I will be of course bringing my spear gun and hope to thin out the Carp heard let me know if you can make it sunday...

sorry took so long to get back to you. how was the diving? i still need to get in the water. i am starting my dive master cert next month!!!!!!

Thats awesome that your going to be starting your Dive Master Cert, I still need to get my advanced open water cert... Well I never made it to the river either, heck I haven't blown any bubbles since thanksgiving still I really need to get wet....

Howdy Ed.... going to try to get a few river dives in soon....

Hey Reef Man,

Let me know when you go. Does anybody know when they open up Sheeps Crossing?

Steve.

ya i am really excited about the cert! i went to the river last week. only it was took take some pics of the parking lot. a while back i got a parking ticket at pebble beach. i felt the spot was not well mark. thats why i did not know i could park there. so i presented the pics in court and told them i was there to clean the river and showed them pics of the trash in the river. they waved my fine. i noticed that yes seeps crossing is still closed. i am going to try and get the gate code from the forest service. i will tell them we will be cleaning the river which i do. i will let you all know if i get it. that will open up coons bluff to us along with other areas :)

I don't think its a gate code but a keyed forest service lock. That is something they won't lend out since it can open any forest service lock. I think they reopen sheeps crossing around Memorial day.

Steve

Hey Ron,

I will start diving again in a few weeks. (I hope)

What has been holding me up is I am moving.
BUT I have to BUILD the house first.
So I have been putting in 10 to 12 hour days
trying to balance it all. Just last Sat I had two of
my brother in laws out and we did a 16 hr day and
punched out the rest of the dry wall, tape and texture.
NOW the sweet wife wants to make change 187
(I think, lost track of changes several dozen ago).
She wants me to Domo a room I JUST FINISHED, move a few
thing and then rehang, tape and texture.
At least another week added.

So I'm hopeing to dive in two to three weeks.
I'll let you know. If change 188 comes up, who knows when!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Last edited:
I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about Salt River last Saturday with any divers in trouble?

The reason I ask is because I was driving back from Payson along that road that goes to the river and Saguaro Lake. As I turned South onto Elsworth road at the 4-way stop sign there by the salt river I saw an ambulance driving with lights on, and very fast towards the river. I also saw close behind him in trail a Sherrif's department Ford F250 crew cab with a toolbox/shell on the back and I noticed there was a Scuba Dive flag plate on the front of the Sherrif's truck. He had lights and siren on and was driving extremely fast towards the river too.

I was pretty sure that was a Scuba equipement truck for the search and rescue for the Sherrif's department. I got a little worried that a diver had a problem on Saturday, or it might have been a inner-tuber that fell off their tube.

I hope it wasn't a diver, (or anyone for that matter).

Back
Top Bottom