Mountian lion head shot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
mountainlion-1.jpg

Took this at Turpentine Creek Wildlife refuge in Arkansas. It is zoomed a little and I shopped out the bars. The bar on the right came out easily. The bar on the bottom didn't.

Comments?

mountainlion-1.jpg

Took this at Turpentine Creek Wildlife refuge in Arkansas. It is zoomed a little and I shopped out the bars. The bar on the right came out easily. The bar on the bottom didn't.

Comments?
Nice. Those are some very majestic animals.
There are(or were, when I was a teen) a handful of panthers in East Texas. Saw a silhouette once, but never saw one out right. I did, however, hear them on several occasions. Nothing will chill your bones like being in the woods at night and hearing a panther scream.(I say "scream". I don't know the proper name for that sound they make. It sounds a little like a woman screaming, only much scarier.)

You were hearing a bobcat. There is one in a nature park near my house that can get going sometimes. People who aren't familiar with it have gone looking for the screaming woman.

Nice pic.

We have them in MI again, but the DNR won't admit it. Pictures and print cast galore and nothing. They don't want to spend any time or money monitoring them. Typical.

PH

Just FYI -Mountain lions, like most cats, can make a high pitched "screaming" noise as well.

Florida Panthers sometimes sound like a baby crying. They can fool you if you don't know what you are listening to.

How close were you? Mountain lions are pretty sweet, but I don't think I ever want to get that close to one! Great pic!

There was about 15 feet between me and the cage. The bars on the cage were too small to reach a paw through, but some of the tigers and a lion seemed to make a game of trying to spray the guests.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom