NELD 2009 Lovells Island Trip - July 18 & 19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm all for that.

FYI, Jim and Jeff both bought new (pre-owned) boats. Jim's is 24 feet (I hauled it from New Bedford to Manomet, and had to get new brakes afterwards) and Jeff's is 26. Woo hoo!

I'm all for that.

FYI, Jim and Jeff both bought new (pre-owned) boats. Jim's is 24 feet (I hauled it from New Bedford to Manomet, and had to get new brakes afterwards) and Jeff's is 26. Woo hoo!

Excellent news. Congrats to Jim and Jeff. Nothing wrong w/ a bigger boat(or two bigger boats)! More room to put all our scallops and lobsters. Looking forward to the dive trip.

Jimmie O

I've had several new people tell me they're planning on making it out this year... hopefully we'll see some posts from them soon.

I know it's early, but what's the head count so far?

We had a great group last year, but we had plenty of room for more campers/divers. The more the merrier.

LobstaMan

PS Jack, I owe you Saturday morning breakfast this year. I've learned some Gaelic, as well.

My wife and I are planning on making it this year. I'm not going to speak for other friends who said they're interested.

Hey guys, just popped back into SB and this looks like fun. Can you tell me a bit more about it? You all pile into a couple of boats and camp on the island? Never been to Lovells Island so no clue what I'd need etc.... Where do you leave from? I'd certainly be interested and maybe my GF too...though she doesnt dive..

It's not so much a "we all pile on to a couple of boats and camp on the island" thing as a "we all get ourselves to the island and camp there" thing. It's pretty much up to each person going to make their own arrangements, except that a camp site on the island has been reserved than can accommodate 30 people.

If you have a boat, you're encouraged to bring it. If there is a boat owner who has room and is taking divers out, you might ask if they have room for more. If there are enough interested people to charter a dive boat, that might be an option. If you want to take the public ferry over and shore dive, that's cool too... the wreck of the 74 gun French ship-of-the-line Magnifique is right off Lovell's, but no one knows exactly where.

The bottom line is that we plan to get ourselves to the island, do some diving, meet some new friends, have a great time, cook some delicious food, have a fire on the beach, and camp out. Figuring out the logistics is part of the fun... it's a semi-organized trip at best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom