AOW, no card 5 months later

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seminomadic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello-
My girlfriend did her PADI AOW in October and still hasn't received her card. We were told 3 months at most, and then when we contacted them after 3 months, they kept giving us the (typically Thai) "in a little bit, in a little bit". We've been patient but now that's running out as we have some trips ahead of us & don't want to be hamstrung should an operator refuse to take us someplace without hers.

What recourse do we have from here in Thailand to lean on the dive shop (Blue Diamond Dive Resort in Ko Tao... would not recommend them) to get it in gear?

Thanks in advance.

Did she get a temp c-card? I know that with PADI USA you get the temp C-card when you fill out the PIC card envelope.

You can also go to anyl PADI dive shop and have them check your records online. Based on that, they can reissue you a card and have a new one sent. You may also try to contact PADI directly.

You can also go to anyl PADI dive shop and have them check your records online. Based on that, they can reissue you a card and have a new one sent.

You can do that but don't expect a dive operation to check if you want to do an advanced dive. Even if you want to do it at home and print out your training history off the PADI site, I doubt if a shop would accept it.

Yes you can have a card reissued but it will cost you. I had the same thing happen to me with my PADI Wreck card. I moved and never got the card (I guess it went to my old address). I went back 3 months later after I realized I didn't have it and the shop I took the class at said sure, we can get you a replacement but it will cost you $30 first.

I would call PADI direct and have them lean on the shop. Good luck

You can try and look her up yourself here, not to actually order a card but just to see if it is in their system. Which would indicate the shop at least sent the stuff in, if they did, and something else went wrong.

Certainly doesn't appear the shop is going to help. I would next contact PADI Asia Pacific and go from there.

Just call PADI 800-729-7234 give them your name. Tell them that you never received the card. They will issue another one at no cost. Had that happen a few times in the past with students. They were very helpful. Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom