Tiggrr and Zaphod go to Bonaire 3/7 - 3/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was at GRI in January, there were no Nitrox tanks. When I asked Bob or Bart (or maybe it was Liz?), they responded that was because they didn't have an analyzer at GRI. Is there now an analyzer and logbook there? Do you have to "custom order" the Nitrox? We didn't find it all that much out of the way to stop by the WannaDive compressor at Eden Beach and pick up tanks, and fill out the log there - there were always plenty of tanks.

Less than 2 weeks and I'll be back on Bonaire :D

We're using Wannadive as our shop and I like em. They even leave Nitrox tanks at the Golden Reef. No issues with deciding to do a 3 am dive as tanks are always available. Very happy about that.

tiggrr,

LOOK OUT, THERE'S A TSUNAMI HEADED YOUR WAY!!!!

Hockey :kiss2:

WOw!! Thanx for the warning!! I ducked and it went right over my head!!
All because of you!! You saved me Hockey!! Now, I can dive that much more!!! :D

Today was a good and bad day so far.

We dove Alice in Wonderland and The Hilma Hooker.
The coral and sponge formations are spectacular!! Couldn't get enough. Even saw a few things I hadn't seen before.

Some of the highlights today were a cowfish (my favorite fish of all time!) scorpian fish (I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I find one of those) flamingo tongue (Zaphod had never seen one before) more of those white spotted eel, red banded shrimp, and cup coral. The cup coral was just starting to come out to feed for the night.

Here's the downer for the day. I flooded my camera the first dive. Bad. Real bad. But, I'm not sad cuz, I'm in Bonaire.
Such is life. We're gonna look at renting a camera tomorrow morning.

We're just getting ready to start happy hour before the BBQ here at Golden Reef. Poor Phil just came out in a flowered shirt and checkered board shorts. He needs my help.

Doing a night dive so, bbl!!

Sounds like a greaat trip so far. That totally blows about the camera. It happened to me one time too. Glad to hear about all your eel sightings, especially after reading all the posts about the eels dying in Bonaire.

PBD ....... returned last night.

New dive buddy vanessar, I'm working on a CD.

Bummer about the flood Tiggrr.

Those hunting fish on your night dive were probably Schoolmasters. They were like the hounds from hell on our night dives off Front Porch. They either put everything to flight when we shown a light on a fish or they nailed the poor thing. I saw Tarpon bump its head on a coral block pursuing a fish caught in my light. It came by later with some scales missing above one eye.

PBD ....... returned last night.

New dive buddy vanessar, I'm working on a CD.

Bummer about the flood Tiggrr.

Those hunting fish on your night dive were probably Schoolmasters. They were like the hounds from hell on our night dives off Front Porch. They either put everything to flight when we shown a light on a fish or they nailed the poor thing. I saw Tarpon bump its head on a coral block pursuing a fish caught in my light. It came by later with some scales missing above one eye.

PBD is right. I wanted to get up this morning and bring gear down to the truck. Then visit Tropical Divers, great dive op, pick up tanks and head South. Alas, it is not to be. Well I need to plan my next trip -- NOW.

Tiggr,

Bummer about the camera. I will gladly trade my camera for your space in Bon. I don't think it would be a fair trade -- for you.

John,

Maybe your watch will pass my CD in route to you. Great diving with you, Susan and Gerald. Many thanks for a great week.

vanessar

Sorry to hear about your camera Tiggrr... bad time to have it happen but this gives you the perfect excuse to buy a new one doesn't it.... weren't you just looking for a good excuse anyway????

Sure glad you are getting some decent dives in....

I'm soo glad you're having a good time!! Keep the reports coming!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom