Stab In The Dark: This Monday 3/9 - Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang... you guys are making me drool for Lobos. I can't get away until maybe Wednesday. I bet they aren't booked then either.

I can dive on Tuesday???... Do Pt. Lobos, not breakwater on Monday. It is an easy dive, way easier than breakwater. There are divers there most every day, so you couls always ask someone to give you nav tips. Heck, even the rangers can give you hints... :)

Had two great dives today with Randy.

The wind was pretty strong so the water was choppy, but the swells weren't too bad. We chose Lovers for our first dive as the surf was smaller there than at the breakwater and the entry looked nice and easy. The vis was probably 10 - 15 feet, but it got a lot worse as we got deeper. We ended up staying somewhat shallow 37 feet and had a nice long dive. After getting our tanks filled we decided to do McAbee for our second dive because the visibility looked better. It was! At some points up to probably 30 feet. Had a few good seal encounters and so some interesting nudibranchs and a huge school of inch-long fish(????) that couldn't be bothered by us and at points bumped into my mask. We really covered some distance on this dive and there was a strong (fun) surge in some areas. I loved the site (It was my first time). All in all a beautiful day of diving. Neither of us are photographers - so that's the extent of the report :lotsalove:

Hope you all had fun at work.

((((Kevin))))

Sorry that last part was a bit mean, I guess I have pent up frustration from all my weekends reading all of your reports :D

Back
Top Bottom