Galileo Sol with transmitter SALE!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One major drawback for me has been the lack of multi-gas (Trimix) software enhancements. It does Nitrox fine but beyond that there doesn't seem to be any upgrades in the works according to Uwatec/Scubapro USA. I'm looking long and hard at a Liquidvision X1 to replace the Galileo SOL even if I plan my dives and dive my plans. :dork2::D

One major drawback for me has been the lack of multi-gas (Trimix) software enhancements. It does Nitrox fine but beyond that there doesn't seem to be any upgrades in the works according to Uwatec/Scubapro USA. I'm looking long and hard at a Liquidvision X1 to replace the Galileo SOL even if I plan my dives and dive my plans. :dork2::D
The Sol would probably be made Trimix capable when Trimix becomes mainstream (like EANx is today). Hopefully that won't happen anytime soon. The Sol is the "average divers" super computer. All you techie, Voodoo-gas breathers already have your own super computers from Liquivision, Shearwater, VR, Dive Rite, etc. . . Leave "ours" alone! :D

Last month I sold my 1 year old Galileo Sol to generate funds for a Shearwater Pursuit. I've dove with a Liquivision X1 and it is a fantastic computer, but the $1,925 (including V-Planner Live) was hard to swollow. I purchased the open water trimix Shearwater Pursuit SPOT for $1,125 US ($1,395 CAD). I'm very happy with the Pursuit.

I really liked the Galileo Sol, but I got tired of waiting for the Trimix upgrade. Last year there were rumors about a Trimix upgrade release in December '08. I talked to Uwatec directly, and they indicated that a "Trimix upgrade was currently under evaluation", but they would not commit to a release date. I talked to a Uwatec rep in January '09 who indicated that the Trimix release was going to be delayed until the beginning of 2011. As much as I liked the Galileo, I didn't want to wait for a phantom release date.

mch

Does anyone know if there are any manufacturers warranty limitations by purchasing a Galileo SOL through ScubaStore.com? It appears that purchasing a Galileo SOL over the web is limited to a very few sites and I see ScubaStore in in Spain so I was wondering if there's an issue does one send the unit to ScubaStore or Uwatec to recieve the manufacturers warranty?

I called Scubapro, and they told me that ScubaStore.com is NOT an authorized Scubapro dealer. You should be aware that Scubapro will not provide warranty repair services to anything purchased from an unauthorized source. As a matter of fact, no legitimate Scubapro dealer is allowed to sell over the net.

Damn.........i guess the question is " spend 1200 on-line or go LDS and cough up 1800 ".......Well I quess it's pretty much a no brainer !! Not going to drop that many paso's on something electronic and then not have the manufacturer warranty it.

Damn.........i guess the question is " spend 1200 on-line or go LDS and cough up 1800 ".......Well I quess it's pretty much a no brainer !! Not going to drop that many paso's on something electronic and then not have the manufacturer warranty it.

Sit tight for a couple weeks, I think you might find the LDS thing becomes more worthwhile.

Yes if you want a warranty on any scubapro item you need to buy it form a dealer. Anything sold over the internet does not have a warranty. so it is your choice to either pay cheaper no warranty, pay more warranty. Every scubapro authorized dealer in the us works under the same guide lines. I have seen a couple items from the internet that came without parts, or not ready for use. But cheaper is nice. But I think nothing can replace the relationship you get with a good local dive shop. They do more than just a little. But you decide

Back
Top Bottom