2009 Coral Spawning Dates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if the dates have been announced yet for the 2009 spawning weeks for Curacao? Last year I got the dates around this time. I've looked online and can't find any info. I'm specifically interested in the dates for the second week.

Thanks, Kukuisa. Are the dates the same for both Curacao and Bonaire? I'm guessing it would be.

Dates should be the same for BON and CUR but I base my calculataion on day 3 to 9 after the full moon. We have done this in BON and initially CUR every year except 2008 since 1998.

On that note, are the resorts, etc overrun with guests? Like a peak season?

YAY! We'll be in Bonaire for coral spawning...never seen it before!!

On that note, are the resorts, etc overrun with guests? Like a peak season?

I've been to Curacao for coral spawning weeks. We like Habitat because the house reef is great for night dives and their set up there is really good. The resort has been just a little over half full when we've been there.

With so much shore diving on these islands, even if a resort is full you don't see everyone all day. Some people will boat dive and others are out doing their own thing.

Back
Top Bottom