SB Invade the Rock '09 - Fish Rock that is....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just got home too.... gear is soaking in prurty smelly stuff and had to log on to say :happywave: before laundry and unpacking calls

was a great week..... despite me being a total :lotsalove: and :vomit:. i did learn that i SUCK at testing conditions, swell and chop.... i thought i was was a better diver than that but its something i now know i need to work on

BUT

the diving i did was great!

im not into sharks but hangin on that ledge and losing the shark count at 40+ was amazing... they were so calm and easy going about all the divers hanging around... a true diving treasure for SWR

and meeting everyone was :yeahbaby: ... when it came to say goodbye, for me it was more like "see you later" as everyone was so friendly and im looking forward to seeing you guys again

oh,.... and :clapping: Greg & Shelia for the shirts...... they looked fantastic (DB, i gotta get yours and kimbers from G&S and mail them too you)

cant wait to see the pics.... especially the ghost pipefish from the last group dive!

Glad you had a great time Almity :clapping:
(dunno what your talking aboot you needing to be a better diver though)

Let my know aboot the shirts, maybe I can paypall you

:Dmore survivors checking in.

I don't know what AW is talking about either. Not everyone is lucky enough to be uneffected by boat rides. Even with travelcalmn I was feeling it at times too. Gotta confess I felt like joining Kermit the frog and singing "It aint easy being green":eyebrow:

We had a great time and inducted new members into the pee club.... how good is that.

I have the DVD Jon at Fishrock gave me of the pictures and video he took during our dives. Maybe everyone can email me some of their shots and I can put them on a DVD to send to everyone.

Great friends, great dives and when do we start planning the next one?:)

They must be out diving.....:D

We were :D

Hope they are having a good time!!!!

More than good it was fantastic :D:D

Well I am killing time in Port Macquarie before my flight home (still got three hours to go...) and finally got some real net!!!

Fish Rock was *awesome*!!! We got to see dozens of sharks and heaps of other marine life I have never seen. Also the DM found me a pineapple fish on one dive (I have wanted to see one since I was a kid) and that was so cool - looked like a pineapple swimming around underwater. The little bugger moved fast though so I didn't get many great pictures of it :( I ended up doing 9 dives and went through the cave once, that was fun - got to see some giant lobsters :) Have 800 pics or so to go through when I get home :shocked2: I was impressed with the dive shop too - everything went smoothly and we got to have a lot of say in where we went for dives as we had the boat to ourselves on most days :)

Anyway, cheers to everyone who made it up for making it such a fun dive trip :grouphug:

Thanks to you too Sas .... everyone got on soo well we all had a ball :D:D:D

Look! Survivors!

yep ... everyone survived ... :D:D:D:D

just got home too.... gear is soaking in prurty smelly stuff and had to log on to say :happywave: before laundry and unpacking calls

was a great week..... despite me being a total :lotsalove: and :vomit:. i did learn that i SUCK at testing conditions, swell and chop.... i thought i was was a better diver than that but its something i now know i need to work on

BUT

the diving i did was great!

im not into sharks but hangin on that ledge and losing the shark count at 40+ was amazing... they were so calm and easy going about all the divers hanging around... a true diving treasure for SWR

and meeting everyone was :yeahbaby: ... when it came to say goodbye, for me it was more like "see you later" as everyone was so friendly and im looking forward to seeing you guys again

oh,.... and :clapping: Greg & Shelia for the shirts...... they looked fantastic (DB, i gotta get yours and kimbers from G&S and mail them too you)

cant wait to see the pics.... especially the ghost pipefish from the last group dive!

Nothing wrong with your diving skills AW ... you are just prone to motion sickness. even when you weren't feeling good you looked good in the water

Well - I have to say it was absolutely fantastic to catch up with the other Australian SB'ers - a great group of people and its so nice afer all these years to to finally put a face to the names...

The diving was great, and I was really impressed by Johns operation - I am already planning on getting back there, once Enkhee is diving again.

Will post a few photos later next week once back up at site -currently soaking the stench out of my drysuit before tomorrows dives.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Well I am finally back in Melbourne! Had a while to wait in Sydney before our connecting flight. Margaret got me and Dan into the Qantas Business lounge and I ate a LOT of free food and drunk a LOT of free drinks :rofl3: At Port Macquarie I had to empty all my bags as the security guard was very suspicious about my gear - in particular my SMB spool and my regs as apparently I could knock someone out with my first stage and then tie them up with my spool line... :rofl3: After a bit of an argument I was allowed on board with all my gear! :blinking:

Almitywife, the conditions weren't great on the drive out there and also when we were parked so I can imagine how seasickness would be a problem for a lot! I was feeling a bit queasy on the second day myself...

Tassie, I liked Jon's setup a lot too. Was so handy having the dive shop next to the hotel. I will definitely be back as both my regular buddies want to check Fish Rock out :)

So where will Aussie Invasion 2010 be??? Too early to start planning?? :rofl3:

Well I have some photos up on flickr now and have made a Set for it :)

Might add more later but that will do for the time being.

Almitywife here is the ghost pipefish! Not a great shot I am afraid...

3333394164_2c77aac678.jpg

Awesome pics Sas!!! But we need people shots too!!! :D

hehehehehe for the airport gumps & their security issues..... yep, i can see Sas tying up the passengers with her spool!

and yes..... Johnn at Fishrock Dive did a GREAT JOB keeping us all happy....... he was even prepared to move the boat to calmer waters on thursday morning while you guys were diving if i wanted it.

:clapping: for the ghost pipefish! now i wish i knew they were there - i would have been looking for them!!! oh well...... next time :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom