Spearfishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KROBI

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone spearfish? I got a spear gun for Christmas and I'm ready to shoot something!!

That's definitely something I'm interested in. I may buy one this spring and give it a try. Laurel Lake Spillway would be a perfect place to practice.

Last year when I was in Pensacola/Destin I saw some guys spearfishing at the Destin Jetties and they had some massive hogfish.

Made me think... It sure would make a dive trip just about perfect to set around the campfire at night and have some fresh seafood for dinner! :D

I'm sure Joe wouldn't mind at all :popcorn:

I'm sure Joe wouldn't mind at all :popcorn:

That's how the whole fish fry conversation came up last year.

We just don't want to go there again..... :no:

That's how the whole fish fry conversation came up last year.

We just don't want to go there again..... :no:

WHAT EVER, you do, don't use butter milk for batter:no:

The batter LandLock made, which we were forbidden to use by one person. I used later and it was real good..

You can read about regulations on spearfishing here:

KY: Kentucky Dept Fish and Wildlife -

Thanks for the link!

It says this about spearfishing:

"SPEAR FISHING (301 KAR 1:410)

Underwater spearing of rough fish with hand-held or mechanically propelled spear is permitted year-round, but only in lakes having 1,000 surface acres or more. All participants in this sport must be submerged while spear fishing. Only rough fish may be taken and the appropriate fishing license is required. The daily limit is 15 fish of which only 5 may be catfish."

Anyone know what "rough fish" are?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom