V-Planner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gawd, that is obtuse.

15 second pause/slide for 15 minutes or less of deco?

30 second pause/slide for more than?

O2 use if available? *** does that even mean? As in, "if you still have O2 available, use it on the 6 minute ascent, if you ran out of it, use something else. Or, if you are using O2, ascend on it from 20 feet (duh)."

Follow planned ascent until 20 feet? Then what? Follow the unplanned ascent?

It's worse than that. I can't even figure out what's being recommended for the ascent if you have between 15-30 minutes of deco (which is basically all my T1 dives)!

It's worse than that. I can't even figure out what's being recommended for the ascent if you have between 15-30 minutes of deco (which is basically all my T1 dives)!

Easy. 21 minutes of deco? 21 second slide/pause. Duh.

I would say yes. Recently GUE published a SOP manual to registered members. Here is what it has to say about Decompression Ascent Profiles:
View attachment 56162

James--

Some local GUE trained divers are calling BS on this. I'd be surprised if you posted something that wasn't true--you seem stand-up. But, can you verify where it came from?

James--

Some local GUE trained divers are calling BS on this. I'd be surprised if you posted something that wasn't true--you seem stand-up. But, can you verify where it came from?

It's from the horses mouth. You have to have a GUE membership to view it, but it's located here:

http://www.gue.com/files/Standards_and_Procedures/SOP_Manual.pdf

EDIT: Maybe you don't have to have to be a registered member if you have the direct link. :) ... I just tried it from a different browser that didn't have my gue credentials in it and it opened the PDF. Let it load and search for VPM and it will take you right to the section that talks about the deco ascent profile.

I agree that the 15/30 second slide/move is pretty nit picky. There are still plenty of people with bottom timers that do not have second timers. As far as the "if o2 is available" statements, there would be dives where you're only using 50% and o2 isn't needed. That's how I took it anyways.

It opens for anyone (I'm also not logged in and it popped up).

The deco stuff is on page 1 (after the ToC).

I guess they just don't give you a link on the website unless you are a member. :)

Odd that this also wasn't sent to all students. Seriously, how hard would that be?

Odd that this also wasn't sent to all students. Seriously, how hard would that be?

JJ sent a email on the quest list a week or two ago about giving members more benefits. I think this is a pretty recent document. There's a new link when you sign in that say's "My Membership Benefits". If you click on it you have access to some videos, documents, etc... The higher your membership level, the more stuff you have access to.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom