A cave diving coffee book?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought Hidden Splendors of the Yucatan at the NACD booth at DEMA. It isn't Florida caves, but it is truly a gorgeous coffee table book. It's available from the NACD online HERE.

This looks interesting. I had never really thought about a coffee table book for pictures of diving. I would like to see some samples of this one recommended by Lynne. Off to search for samples.

As mentioned above, I've had some great success printing photo books through Blurb. The quality is exceptional and the opportunity to produce a wide variety of sizes, covers (hard and soft) and layouts is significant.

I'm wanting to eventually do one of my underwater photos, but want to wait until I get back from my Mexico trip coming up next week.

I agree with Robert and Jill on this one, mass production would likely be cost prohibitive due to the size of the market.

If you want to try one of your own, I highly recommend Blurb.

If the goal is to having something for a coffee table for others to see,digital picture frames are fairly cheap,and there are many high quality cave photos that can be downloaded without copyright violation.
ooh, nice idea, kelly!

Scary thing is that we can't blame alcohol or any illegal substance for the shenanigans....it is pure brain damage.:D

Movie??? Thats just a picture of me, shagman, and GLENFWB the last time we went diving?! Course, this was at surface interval :p

InkDiver...if I could take pictures even half as good as yours I would make a book. When I was in Jug Hole recently I was thinking of your pictures that I saw you take in there. I got a few nice ones...but nothing even close to what I have seen you take.

Get your book done...I will buy one!

As mentioned above, I've had some great success printing photo books through Blurb. The quality is exceptional and the opportunity to produce a wide variety of sizes, covers (hard and soft) and layouts is significant.

I'm wanting to eventually do one of my underwater photos, but want to wait until I get back from my Mexico trip coming up next week.

I agree with Robert and Jill on this one, mass production would likely be cost prohibitive due to the size of the market.

If you want to try one of your own, I highly recommend Blurb.

Thanks for the thoughtful input. As technology levels the playing field in the publishing world, production costs are coming down every month, so this photo project may soon see the light!

We agree with Babyduck--the book should be large enough to accurately reproduce the pictures, but not so big that you need a flatbed trailer to haul it home.

Stay tuned.

Regards,
Jill and Robert

As technology levels the playing field in the publishing world, production costs are coming down every month, so this photo project may soon see the light!

Probably would want to use offset printing versus digital to capture the quality. The good news is that printers competing with each other due to a poor economic climate,have much lower printing costs,the downside is will there be consumers due to the same reasons printing costs are lower. Good luck on the project!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom