On/Off mouth piece? (cross post)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I seem to recall that Northill installed a mouthpiece with shutoff valve. A Northill manual might have a diagram. I'll look into it sometime.

Please find a link below for the How To article. It was written by Tom Rose some years back.

My ball valve came out a little different than the one in the article and is easier to make. Not an original invention the rebreather homebuilders have been using them for years. Here are a few different things that I did and you can compare them to the article.

1.Where I drilled the ball valve I inserted the mouth piece section and glued it as apposed to how glues his to the exterior of the ball valve.

2.Secondly I put the hoses right over the outside of the ball valve instead of adding more pvc like Tom did. Might want to ruff up the ends to get a better grip on the hoses.

3. I bore out the ends of the valve to accept the AM mouth piece cages.

RGU Improved Work of Breathing

Simple home build I believe anyone can do!

Back
Top Bottom