Private guide in Dahab. What to expect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again for the advice. I'll see how it goes once I get there. Hopefully well, but I like to collect info as much as I can before arriving, just so I know what I'm getting into and can bail out and choose another option if things aren't right for me.

I've picked a few dive sights according to what you and Lord Melch's site suggested :
Lighthouse, Moray Garden, Bannerfish bay, Islands, Salah's Place, Red Tooth Trigger Bay to start with.
Maybe Canyons (on a shallow dive), and a drift on Rick's Reef if the context is right.

I'll write my feed back when I return.
Good bubbles to all.

Regarding the camel dive safari, it's not a wise idea to just recommend a dive site and make the guide do it. He must know the sites because it's a remote area and safety should be the first, second, and third priority.
I actually meant to ask what sites were both nice and "safe" for a beginner like me. Just so I don't get talked into going somewhere that could be beyond my abilities. But I think I'll pass on the safari this time. Living in France, I can rather easily come back and do this and other sites when I'm ready for them.

If you're ignoring the camel dive safari then Salah's Place and Red Tooth Trigger Bay are out.

Rick's Reef is very nice but somewhat long. Anyway I'm sure your guide will offer you a nice collection of safe yet very nice sites.

Tu as beaucoup de chance que tu habite en France :)

Or of course do your Nitrox cert, then to Ricks Reef to the Canyon and the Drop Off - WONDERFUL Dive :cool2:

Rick's Reef is very nice but somewhat long. Anyway I'm sure your guide will offer you a nice collection of safe yet very nice sites.

Or of course do your Nitrox cert, then to Ricks Reef to the Canyon and the Drop Off - WONDERFUL Dive :cool2:
Yes it's wonderful :)

To do that profile you have to be shallow (average 12 to 15 meters) throughout the dive so it's not a matter of no decompression limit. The main issue IMHO is the gas consumption.

I have worked for INMO and the instructors and guides there are amongst some of the best in Dahab.
Your first day will be south towards Moray Garden. You will do your check dive here in the morning and in the afternoon you will make a second dive in the other direction.

The second day will depend on your feeling toward the first day. The majority of the sites can be done to max depth of 18 metres, and you will have the opportunity to experience most of them

Inmo doesnt do lighthouse that often, so you will have to make a specific request for that. They tend to concentrate on the South as it is close for them

If you want any more info, then PM me as I know all of the guys at Inmo, and see them every other day as I work in Dahab too.
Good luck
D.

Thank you guys for all this info.
I just came back :depressed: from Dahab and had a great week of diving with Inmo. The staff and the sites were just what I had hoped for, as were the hotel, the town and the people I got to meet there. In 3 words : I LOVE DAHAB. Will post more tomorrow as I have yet to unpack.

Thanks again everyone for the advice. I've posted a lengthy report about my stay in Dahab
here

I have worked for INMO and the instructors and guides there are amongst some of the best in Dahab.
Your first day will be south towards Moray Garden. You will do your check dive here in the morning and in the afternoon you will make a second dive in the other direction.
D.
Now that I'm back, I can say :
+1
Don't know if Inmo is the best op in town, but they sure were great and perfect for me.
Please say hello to Omar, Ali, Reda, Sylvie, Ahmed, Id, Mustafa at the counter, Mahmoud the driver... for me (Anna, the French blonde girl who was there at the end of February) next time you see them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom