Sister Looney conglomerant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GA Under Water

Divemaster
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Ok since Lake Lanier Looney Birds just will not work for Allatoona. I figure we'll just have to figure out a sister group Any looney is of course Grandfathered in. We also have a Pontoon over this way to take out for diving. I have heard stories of fishing line and the like but I can't fathom it being any worse than Lanier. Plus, from the surface It seems a lot clearer.

Suggestions for a name for us?

"Allatoona Weed Rats" is my suggestion.

Whats up Jason? is the diving decent in Allatoona.never dove there,heard it was blackwater,but they say that about Hartwell which is not true unless they were diving up the river or something. I am ready to go diving,my gills are starting to dry out some.:shocked2:

I've seen some neat side scan images of a couple of sunken boats and a barge in Allatoona.

deepseekers

Love to dive them!

Yellow Angel Fish and I have had a couple of excellent experiences diving at Red Top Mountain.

The visibility was, hold your breath, in the 30' range.

We'd launch at the public launch right beside the bridge, paddle under the bridge and over to the island just south of the bridge. Not much depth, but the vis was great.

the K

Well, I am getting my new Toy ready to go out on the lake this summer, who wants to put together a maiden Dive voyage on Toona?

depending on the date, count me in!

Me, me, me, me !!!!

the K

Whats up Jason? is the diving decent in Allatoona.never dove there,heard it was blackwater,but they say that about Hartwell which is not true unless they were diving up the river or something. I am ready to go diving,my gills are starting to dry out some.:shocked2:

Not much man up round here. Matter of fact I may be able to use your help. How good are you with tuning Mercury motors? I have a Merc 60hp bigfoot on this pontoon and want to make sure it is ready to get on the water. I think I have most of it done. Spark plugs replaced, lower gear oil replaced. Fuel filter looks good. I have to find a new nut for the throttle cable at the engine but that is a trip to the hardware store.
Guess I could use a Compression check but this motor has prolly 20 hours total on it.

Also, when you come we'll need a dive flag :).

Back
Top Bottom