The most durable drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked at some used USIA drysuits and it seems that they are too easy to be destroyed when bare trilam drysuits look really durable to me +life time warranty(though I don't how is bare customer service).

I looked at some used USIA drysuits and it seems that they are too easy to be destroyed when bare trilam drysuits look really durable to me +life time warranty(though I don't how is bare customer service).

I don't know what you were looking at but we have switched the majority of my PSD team over to USIA. One of the many reasons was because of the durability. Tonight at training all the DUI's had patches all over but not a single patch on a USIA that has been used under the same conditions.

Gary D.

PSD and TLS350. The PSD is half the cost of the DUI and the guys like them better.

Gary D.

Check out the Oceanic Aerdura Titanium trilam suit. I have it and is extremly durable!

i have a whites catalyst. Never leaked and seems like it would be pretty hard to rip. It is also pretty easy to put on.

In terms of durability, a vulcanized rubber suit is the way to go. Very durable, very fast drying and very easy to repair, but also very heavy and only available with an across the shoudler zipper as the material is not real flexible so a foldable torso is not an option.

No question, if durability is the only issue, a Viking HD (or equivalent) is the suit of choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom