Force Fins "The ultimate fins" or are they?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is not unusual for an inventor and visionary to be usurped in a marketplace. Initial competitive market reaction is to repel change. The psychology behind that resistence prevents their ultimate acceptance of what they maligned. No one wants to admit they were wrong. It is easier to follow the second in line than reward the innovator.

Fair enough, I understand your comments fully, as I said I have no predjudice towards the fins at all, and in fact agree with you on the "resistance issue" due to perhaps been unwilling to admit fault.

Perhaps I need to look at using a pair myself in the future.Maybe one can "teach an old dog a new trick".

Best of luck with your endevours, I know how tough the scuba market is and to have survived and prospered so long, I am convinced the product is well accepted.

I have a pair of force fins. I like the way they dive, but the foot pockets are not as comfortable as my biofins. They are lightweight, and easy to travel with. They work well with most kicks. I wish I could put spring straps on them, but other than that, I like them. Too bad they raised the price. They are a bit on the pricey side, but the regulars, and pro's are in line with other high end fins.

I love my FF Pros.....one of 2 pieces of gear I refuse to dive without. I tried and still own many different fins before I bought my Force Fins..... Rockets, Blades, Dacor Turbos, and used to get cramps in my calf regardless of the prep work I did (hydrating, stretching, exercise).
Since I started using Force Fins 5 years ago, I haven't had a cramp, even when doing 5 dives a day on a live aboard. I can maneuver better with my FF Pros than I ever thought of doing with the other fins, and as for the speed......well as an amateur photographer, I don't go very fast anyway.

RONFRANK, I wish, I could control the price of Oil. Last year we were hit with a 50% price increase. The Cast Urethane material that we use is like pouring liquid gold. Remember most dive fins cost about $7.50 to make. Using PVC or EVA or other tupper ware plastics help give those big margins. I am more interested in building real USA hard core fins. I am concerned with the comfort factor with your Force Fins, maybe the wrong size or you might have a high instep. Yes rubber is some what forgiving over Urethane, but maybe the comfort instep will help. Be glad to send you my used comfort insteps to see if this helps. Best Bob

RONFRANK, I wish, I could control the price of Oil. Last year we were hit with a 50% price increase. The Cast Urethane material that we use is like pouring liquid gold.

Bob, Perhaps you should list FFs on the CBOT as a commodity. This way, people would stop bitching about the price so much. This would also give "floating" prices an entirely new meaning. :eyebrow:

The new Flying Force has a modified foot pocket with most of the top of the foot arch cutout. I have been amazed by how much more comfortable the fins are with this addition. If you find yourself having problems of the foot pocket you should try the new Flying Force, and Bob is just finishing up all of the sizes so their availability is much improved.

Dive before last my wife forgot her Force Fin pros and was "forced" (yuk, yuk, yuk) to use the ones in the spares bag, my old Tusa Liberators. She hated them! Couldn't believe how much harder it was to swim. Couldn't wait to get back to her regular fins. It's been so long for me I've almost forgotten what it's like with other fins. I haven't had a cramp since I started using Force Fins. I go as fast as I want, and don't use too much air. I can go backwards and manuever around and not kick up silt. "Ultimate" fins? I guess, for me they are, because I've stopped looking for a better fin.

I was talking with some people on the boat on Sunday and we came to an agreement:
There are three groups of people:
Ones who haven't tried them
Ones who love them
and ones who can't stand them. There doesn't seem to be any people in the "not bad but not my style"

i always liked the idea of force fins, the size, weight and ability to wander around in them
i just have concerns as to how the perform with frog kicking while reasonably gear laden (twins, drysuit etc).
they look similar to splits in that the most effecient kick in them is flutter instead of frog.
i dunno
someone send me a pair to try :wink:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom