UW Ipod case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmatmess

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I ordered one for my wife a few months ago but ended up returning it. The housings have an amplifier built in that is supposed to be powerful enough to drive the speakers at depth. The housing and speakers are pretty large. The housing will fill up a fairly large BC pocket. The ear phones are large and attach to your mask.

We returned the housing before we used it, primarily due to its size. The unit did seem to be well built. Sorry that I don't have any additional information. Good luck.

I have the earlier version made for the iRiver MP three players. It is quite well made and very functional under water. I found it was easier to store in a pocket if you remove the platisc arms that are designed to hang the head phones from your mask strap and then just slide the earpieces under a hood or aviator style neoprene beanie.

One oddiity I noticed is a volume change as you approach a thermocline, cave ceiling or the surface from below - once you get within about 18 inches the volume gets a lot louder, i assume due to reflected sound waves. Otherwise it is easy to use even with heavy gloves and the sound quality is pretty good.

The head set cords are about the right lenght to run from a thigh pocket to your head and it is less difficult to manage under water than it would seem. They are however expensive.

I have the iDive300 and love it. There is nothing that passes time at deco more... There is also the great experience of RB diving while listening to some good trance mixes and swimming though cave...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom