Sand Dollar Liveaboard - June 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajcf

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!

Dive Catalina Island and the Kelp Forests of California
Limited Load - 20 People
3 days of diving (1 day longer than in January)

All your food, diving, and bunk on the boat included.
This is a fantastic trip! We had a great time in January.
Expecting better weather and warmer water in June.

Hope you will join us for this great California Liveaboard.

For Complete Details:
http://www.academyofscuba.com/travel/sand_dollar_jun_09.html

$425 - Put your deposit down and reserve it today.
This trip will sell out early!​

////

I'm signed up, and super excited for this trip! :yeahbaby:

I've heard great things, and I cant wait to experience them myself.

See you in June!

Too bad the orginal date changed. I planned my other trip to arrive back in Phx on Wednesday and then leave for Cali on the Thursday, now the trip leaves Phx on the Wednesday :( and my flight doesnt get into Phx until 7:15pm so we'll miss this one. Too bad too cuz I'm off work for the month of June. Once I go back to work in July, time off is almost impossible.

John:

So has the June trip now changed to 2 days? If so, do you plan to do any three day trips on the Sand Dollar this year (maybe the trip in August)?. I was working on the logistics for going on June trip because I liked the idea of getting an extra full day of diving for a few bucks more. If they are both just 2 day trips I will probably hold off for the late summer trip when the water warms up a bit.

michael

It has changed to a 2-day. There was due to problems and concerns from people that were having difficulty with getting time off from work. It required Thursday and Friday for sure, and part of Wednesday depending on when you wanted to leave. The other option was a Fri-Sun trip. Then we had people that wanted to be home on Sunday for Fathers Day. This was the best middle of the road option for the majority.

There are no plans yet for another 3-day. We will have to check on boat availability. If we can make one go, then we will try to set one up if there is enough interest.

The water temp in June should be in the mid 60's.

Thats what drysuits are for :D

Just a note to everyone We have made some changes to the upcoming California Liveaboard to Catalina Island. We are still heading out on our favorite dive boat, the Sand Dollar, however we have moved some dates. Same weekend, just departing on Friday Morning instead of Thursday morning. We have also made it a 2 day trip versus a 3 day trip. With that, the price has been reduced to $349.

As our loyal customers know, we price our trips at cost to make your dive dollar stretch!

More Info at Dive California on the Sand Dollar Liveaboard - Jan 2009

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom