5000G & 8000G Inspect & Repair Facility?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PacificFlyer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy,

I have 2 Sea & Sea 5000G housings and 1 8000G housing. I have not had them in the water for about 18 months and would like to have them inspected and pressure tested before a trip I have planned in March. I flooded one of the 5000G housings on a trip to Fiji and sent it to Sub Aquatic Camera Repair in Salinas California. I would like to know if there is a facility closer to me. I live about 65 miles north of Dallas. Also does Sea & Sea have an inspection/repair facility in the USA?

I particularly want the seals around all the buttons checked as that is where the leak was when I was in Fiji (The Macro Button). Thanks.
Ron

HI Ron-
Thanks for the inquiry. SEA&SEA service has been brought in-house in Southern California and fully operational from Feb 1st. Please visit the Maintenance & Service page at Sea & Sea USA - Underwater Photography Cameras & Video for return forms and instructions. We should be able to turn your housings around, but please note your deadline for return delivery prominently on the paperwork.

Thanks for the post and looks like my timing was excellent. Did not see a price list for service, is that info available somewhere in Sea & Sea web site? None of my housings are still under warranty so the service will be on my dime. Would also like to know exactly what service entails? Again thanks.
Ron

Hi Ron-
A compact housing service would entail a complete removal of all buttons and o-rings, replacement of o-rings, cleaning of housing and pressure testing to ensure depth-rating integrity. An estimate will be offered dependent upon initial inspection of the housings.

Back
Top Bottom