Just Starting to Get My Feet Wet!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandyangel86

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone! So I am new as new can be to scuba. I haven't taken any lessons yet but I plan to be in June. Anyone who has any info they want to share with me I would love it. I am looking to get some gear for my classes and would love advice there too. I am going to be needing a pair of open heel fins and booties.

Well u have several options avaliable 1 is cheap 2 is expensive and 3 is more expensive just kidding u can check out local dive shops and compare different ideas 1st you want quaility, something that is going to last a long time, buy name brand equiptment usually has limited warrenties, pick a color scheme you dont want to have all different colors

Actually - you about nailed it down! But don't get everyone started on gear advice -- you'll be here past your course date reading all the replies! Do a lot of reading, ask questions - learn from where you take your course and your local dive shops - and then buy what you think is best! Some start with used gear (I did), some start with all brand new. It's all about your budget and your comfort level, and what you want. Enjoy! And welcome to SCUBA!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom