SeaQuest Balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

retroflex

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, just recently got hold of a SeaQuest Balance (in great condition) - took it for a few test dives and completely fell in love with it. Rolling smoothly when diving off a wall and fine tuning the position of the air in the bladders in a way I've never found with a variety of jacket styles (and even another back inflator). The only complaint I'd have to say is the mesh pocket on the side tends to fall down distractingly no matter what you put in it.

Was just wondering what other people thought...:)

I've had the Balance since 2003 and its been great. The pocket you mentioned can be a little annoying but its never really been a problem. I've maintained the lifetime warranty but I'm really curious about a backplate/wing setup.

I have been using a Balance since 2005 and really like it as well. I would recommend that you take advantage of the trim pockets on the back of the BC, they really help out with obtaining a nice horizontal trim. I really liked the simplicity of the Balance.

I recently switched to a BP/W because I wanted to minimize the bulk of my dive gear. The BP/W seems to perform similarly to the Balance, but it is trimmed down alot more and is easy to add to or remove extras from.

Enjoy the new BC.

I only have around 30 dives on mine but it is working great. I have and still am toying with the idea of a BP/W or Transplate to move more weight on to the back but no real impetus to change right now since I am not having trim issues. So dive trips keep soaking up the money I would use on them. :)

I just switched to a balance BCD recently and love it. I was surprised that the mesh pocket on mine stayed closed. I have since added a few things to the pocket so I expect it to not stay closed too well on the next dive out. I love the near perfect trim with almost no effort.

I have been using a Seaquest Balance for the past year and it is a great BC. Maintaining my horizontal trim was very easy with this BC. The mesh pocket never really bothered me, even though I used to fill it up with my spare mask, my light and my safety balloon.

I just recently switched to a Halcyon BP/W, though, and although the Balance back inflate is great, the improvements of a BP/W are very noticeable. Less drag, more natural trim, freer unencumbered feeling all around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom