Texas Swamp Diver Late Spring Fling

When should we have the Swamper Late Spring Fling?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zinc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hopefully we'll have many Swamp Diver flings around the state this spring, summer, & fall. I'd like to help organize a Late Spring Fling at Windy Point Park on Lake Travis in Austin, TX allowing us Central Swampers to be the host for our fellow Swamp Divers from around the state. We'll help organize camping areas, firewood, a few great meals & snacks, and provide any assistance needed as local dive guides. I'm hoping the Swamper Jello-Shot Pros will show up & bring their goodness, & I'll be happy to share some local 'spirits'!

I thought it'd be a good idea to have a poll to help us select the best dates for everyone in late May or June 2009. Please select the date(s) that work best for you to meet/dive/party/camp at Lake Travis in Austin :D

Please select the weekends that work best for you & yours to attend. You can select more than one weekend :wink:

Last edited:
June 12-14 is the ROT Rally in and around Austin. It will be packed with motorcycles. The ride down is not so bad, it's the ride back home......

Memoral Day Weekend is a bad idea, a VERY bad idea -- trust me on this one. :shakehead:

Memoral Day Weekend is a bad idea, a VERY bad idea -- trust me on this one. :shakehead:

I agree, and not just because of all the boaters. Last time we went to Travis, we did it on Labor Day weekend, and had to drive through Dallas on that Friday, after work, WITH the camper. It was NOT fun. What is normally a 4 to 5 hour drive took us 7 hours.

Rhonda

You know that's true Memorial Day Weekend might be a little out of control. I voted for that weekend but maybe that was a bad idea?

Good point about Memorial Day weekend. It'll be crazy no matter where we have the get-together.

Personally, I'd be happy with any weekend except Memorial Day and the weekend of June 12th.

June 19th is Juneteenth. I don't know if that's a big lake weekend? I try to avoid Travis on weekends during the summer. :) Maybe before school gets out would be less crowded?

Back
Top Bottom