Find a Dive Buddy with SB's New Buddy Matrix!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently, this only affects the search portion of our Buddy Matrix. Our development team will be on this oversight shortly.

Hmm ... is it me or is there a problem ...

lat -33.87284803614804
long 151.2084174156189

but it wont allow me to enter "-" in the search location .... oh I get it we in the southern hemisphere are excluded :shakehead:

It's fixed.

Any more feedback on this?

Any more feedback on this?

??? You talkin to me ???? ... sorry I didn't reply ... but yes it works fine bothe entering lats in the southern hemisphere and also the searching ... Thanks.

??? You talkin to me ???? ... sorry I didn't reply ... but yes it works fine bothe entering lats in the southern hemisphere and also the searching ... Thanks.

Not you in particular... (unless you're just looking for an excuse to quote DeNiro?)

Just wanted to see how much people like the Buddy Matrix?

Not you in particular... (unless you're just looking for an excuse to quote DeNiro?)

Just wanted to see how much people like the Buddy Matrix?

No worries ... I find it quite interesting ... only thing I would like to be able to do would be to do a search and have it show the buddies within that search area as it does, but if you pan outside the area to show any buddies there as well.

just my idea.

Now that we've seen the buddy matrix in action with lots of real live data... we have some ideas and changes to implement shortly into "BM 2.0" :)

How about similar functionality for Dive Sites? I wouldn't expect anyone to give up their secret hunting spots but there are already plenty of published coordinates for our wrecks and reefs that could be consolidated into such a tool. Add site info + reviews and you'd have another useful SB tool.

Just a reminder to double check your location on the SB Matrix map. There seem to be several people who say they are in Florida on their profile but their mapped coordinates have them diving in around Nepal....BRRRRRR that mountain water would be cold. Double check your LAT and your LONG numbers. Make sure they are entered here as a negative number if they should be. This means if you are located in Canada or the USA, you Longitude number must be a NEGATIVE number......otherwise you might end up in Nepal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom